• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    This stuff pisses me off...like I told the principle last time my grandson got in trouble for drawing a stick figure of a guy shooting a gun and holding it up for a class mate to see and becoming a death threat that you are not going to tell me you never drew a picture of war or cow boys and Indiana with guns***,I am sure you played them , if not you must be gay...he only got an in school suspension for one day. Why can't they just let boys be boys...but they have no problems with little 7 year old girls coming to school dressed like hookers because that's the way their dolls look. The liberals are so sick in the head.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    This is just not surprising at all. It happens everyday but I will never get used to it. I remember when I was little playing cowboys and indians on the playground at school. I remember bringing my new swiss army knife to school to show it off. It was no big deal. This is just where we are going now and what we are going to have to put a stop to.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    This is getting absolutely ridiculous.
    It's been ridiculous for a while but it's gotten progressively worse. The mamby pamby school administrators think the answer to violence is strictly disciplining children who are just playing. Seriously, of all these people that are going around shooting things up today, how many have ever attributed it to being allowed to play army, cops & robbers, or cowboys and indians when they were little? My guess is none.

Most of us played like this as children. We understand that it was play, not reality, and we didn't become violent criminals.

And, what's most f'd up about this is the double standard we are teaching these children - treat military heroes as role models, but don't play and pretend that you are one because then you become a potentially violent shooter.

:xmad:

DocGlock86

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Plainfield
    Just pathetic....

It completely boggles my mind how far society has slipped just in the last few years. It's a sad sad world and definitely not the same world I grew up in.

wakproductions

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    Indianapolis
    The schools are so nuts these days. Kids have been playing pretend guns for probably as long as guns have been around. I don't remember it being this bad in the 90s.

What do you think is the psychological impact on a child when being punished in this way?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The schools are so nuts these days. Kids have been playing pretend guns for probably as long as guns have been around. I don't remember it being this bad in the 90s.

What do you think is the psychological impact on a child when being punished in this way?

They would have really s**t their pants back when we brought our toy guns to school!

GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana
    Heck, a couple of years ago my daughter was suspended from school for SAYING NO TO DRUGS. Because she was handed a pill, and gave it back to the doosh that gave it to her and say no, she didnt want it. But the idiot Marty Bell in the Greater Clark, Country School district said, "she possessed drugs on school property" so she was suspended. What a load of crap that it was.... Even our DEMOCRATIC congressman said it was crazy and went to bat for her. So from now on when I see the DARE bullcrap, I just look and laugh because it is all a bunch of horse hockey...

Gunner

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Whats more baffeling is their mindset. They are adults and they don't know this action is pathetic, petty and wrong but yet expect the mind of a little kid to know better.
    The kid might as well drop out now. He'll spend the rest of his years being the black sheep for his crime.

Curls & Swirls

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Morgan County
    It boggles my mind that people still voluntarily enroll their children in these institutions.

Just another good reason to teach them at home. This way they can go out and play airsoft on break!!! :D

But what is up with all the lying????

I think one of the big problems with public schools now days is that they have taken away the teachers ability to have control of the classroom. I didn't take my kids out of public school because of bad teachers, in fact you could not pay me enough to deal with some of the youth and their parents around here!

Cowboy71

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Clark County, IN
    Heck, a couple of years ago my daughter was suspended from school for SAYING NO TO DRUGS. Because she was handed a pill, and gave it back to the doosh that gave it to her and say no, she didnt want it. But the idiot Marty Bell in the Greater Clark, Country School district said, "she possessed drugs on school property" so she was suspended. What a load of crap that it was.... Even our DEMOCRATIC congressman said it was crazy and went to bat for her. So from now on when I see the DARE bullcrap, I just look and laugh because it is all a bunch of horse hockey...

Gunner

The administrators for GCCS are their own special brand of moron. If they have to use any kind of reason or judgement you're in big trouble because they don't have much of either.

usaf64

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    When I was in school, many of my teachers were WWII vets. We admired them and they were good role models. Now, most of the teachers are lefties who graduated from lefty schools and were taught by lefty professors.

It's no wonder they have these goofy ideas. They want to get the kids while they're too young to know any better. I am making a special effort to counteract this BS with my grandsons.

Top Bottom