• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • edeekeos

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Lafayette, IN
    Alright guys having some problems with my latest build. Some specs of the pistol first:

Noreen Billet set
    Brownells Nitride BCG
    Brownells Low Pro Gas Block
    4150CMV 7.5'' Barrel
    Standard Carbine Buffer/Spring

The firearm is jamming probably 3/4 times in a 20rd mag, using Freedom Munitions Reman 223. EVERY time, its the spent casing caught in the ceiling of the upper receiver, whilst trying to chamber another round. Thinking it was maybe over-gassed, I put in my JP Captive H2 Buffer from my piston build. This did seem to help considerably, yet I still had 2/3 of the same FTE's in about 40 rounds. I tried using different ammo as well, Aguila 556 Nato 62gn. This helped even more. I made it through 2 20rd mags with no issues, with a mix of fast/slow fire rates. My wife then decided to shoot the weapon, and it jammed on the 2nd shot. Same thing, casing in the ceiling.

The spent casing are contacting the deflector at the lowest most portion, near the receiver opening, and proceeding to land in front of the rifle, maybe 1/2 o'clock.

Could this be an issue with the extractor tension on the round possible? Maybe throw a D-ring on it? Or is it possibly to much tension on the round, and not letting go? Maybe try an H3 buffer/spring setup? Or at this point, even go with an adjustable gas block? I had a similar 7.5'' setup, it was a Hardened Arms Complete Upper assembly with a KAK standard carbine buffer setup. That thing would eat ANYTHING and not look back. Not sure where I went wrong with this custom build?...

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    Sounds way over-gassed. Check your extractor spring. I would try a Colt copper colored spring, SpringCo, or BCM extractor spring upgrade kit. Also, could be your ejector spring as well. Lots of variables in play including your barrel.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Sounds like either an extractor or an ejector issue.
    Swap out the bolt first.

I've had an issue like this before.
    It was caused by the extractor hook being just a tad too thick.
    A smith friend of mine removed a very small amount of material on the under side of the extractor kook.
    This remedied the problem. No issues since then.

Top Bottom