Camby area

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

The school dropped the suspension from a Class III to a Class II suspension after discussing the matter with the boy’s father, and the student has been permitted to go back to class.

Gun Owners of America, along with the gun rights group BamaCarry, has sent a letter to the school demanding the entire disciplinary action be rescinded and the policy that led to the suspension be amended. The letter, provided to the Daily Caller Friday, calls the downgrading of the charge to a Class II infraction, “too little too late.

“In other words, the school charged a six year old boy with an infraction equivalent to a felony crime. The irony is not lost on J.B.’s [the student’s] parents that ‘ntentionally hitting, pushing, kicking, or otherwise being physically aggressive with another student’ is only a Class II Infraction.’ In other words, J.B. would be subject to a lesser maximum penalty had he punched the other student in the face!” the letter reads.

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    I can remember when I was in the second grade (formula for dirt was still new) I wore a secret agent shoulder holster with a revolver cap gun to school (unloaded of course) and no one gave it a second thought. To top it all off this was in Amityville, NY.

Try that today and you get a life sentence at Rikers island without parole!

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    The suspension is not the issue. The issue is using the public school system as a means to educate your child.

Nugget

Milsurp Enjoyer
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 30, 2022
    Morgan County
    I bet if that kid had said he identified as a gay female police officer, the universe would've collapsed in on itself when the school administrators tried to figure out if they were allowed to suspend him or not.

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    I can remember when I was in the second grade (formula for dirt was still new) I wore a secret agent shoulder holster with a revolver cap gun to school (unloaded of course) and no one gave it a second thought. To top it all off this was in Amityville, NY.

Try that today and you get a life sentence at Rikers island without parole!
    I’m nearing 43 and remember going to school in rural NC. I was in 4th grade.

There was annoying fat kid bully from Atlanta that had moved to town.

He saw me messing with my pocket knife at recess.

“I’m telling the teachers…”

I watch him stomp off and narc on me to a group of teachers.

One by one, they all pull out their pocket knives.

Kid walked off in shame.

Top Bottom