• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    That rifle came out when I was in high school. Pretty neat idea and nice round at the time. Remington, or maybe some other company, will do a run of 5mm every so often but it usually sells out pretty quickly. Enjoy your new rifle.

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    154   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    Pics or it didn’t happen.
    sounds like a cool round.
    Ill post some later. I
    That rifle came out when I was in high school. Pretty neat idea and nice round at the time. Remington, or maybe some other company, will do a run of 5mm every so often but it usually sells out pretty quickly. Enjoy your new rifle.
    Aquila was the last company doing runs of it. Remington, Centurion and Aquila are the only brands I've seen so far.

Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    A counter I frequent had one for sale and it had led a hard life. I was looking real hard at it and massaging it a bit and have it reworked to a 5mm Craig….. the Craig being a center fire. Nice old bolt guns

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Beautiful stock
    Beautiful rifle. The 5mm was a dandy little round that deserved a better fate than what it got. No other manufacturers jumped on that bandwagon, and so it basically died. Your 592, I believe, is built on the same action as the 580, 581, and 582 22LR rifles, and probably the 540 series rifles as well.

The 580 series, despite being economy models, are well known for punching well above their pay grade in terms of accuracy. I have a 582 that will put 10 Rounds into 1/2" at 50 yards without even trying hard.

I look forward to hearing your range reports once you put it to work!

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    154   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    Unfortunately unless I can find more ammo than I have ,this jewel is going to remain unfired. I have a 581 and you are correct that it is a very accurate rifle. I mainly picked this up because of what it is and who I got it from.

atticachert

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2016
    NWI
    I’ve got a 591. It’s very comparable to a 17. As far as range and drop go. But as far as pounds on impact the 5 mm is leaps and bounds ahead of the 17. Shooting a piece of steel the 17 just leaves a lead mark where the 5 mm leaves a quarter inch indentation.

Top Bottom