• ...and so much more!
  • Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

They talk about needing to change laws but admit there are no arrests in the vast majority of cases, and the case they choose to talk about in detail resulted in... dropped charges.

Road rage ranks #1 on my threat index for a reason. It's not your imagination, lockdowns turned people on the road completely deranged and it's not getting better.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I had an implied gun threat yesterday AM. No gun was produced but I did get the two finger pistol hand flashed at me. Guy didnt like the way I was driving. I apparently wasnt staying out of his way enough even though I was regularly doing 15 or more over.

He finally decides to get off my rear bumper and go around me and cut me off, (I was in the right lane, BTW) he eventually slows down once he is about 50 yards ahead of me and rolls down his window. I see his arm come out and he motions me to come along side. Nope! Not happening. Nothing good will come from that exchange so I pace him.

He gets off at the next exit and slows way down in the exit lane so that I would pass him before he turns onto the cloverleaf. As I pass he points at me like his hand is a pistol and "shoots". SMH.

Whatever happened to just flipping the idiot (me apparently) off as you drive by?

Last edited:

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    465 is getting nuts, I avoid it.

Though it may be the stress from all the traffic from north split closure. I bet shootings go down with north split open.

North split been closed 720 days before it opened. About when these shootings spiked.

Last edited:

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I had an implied gun threat yesterday AM. No gun was produced but I did get the two finger pistol hand flashed at me. Guy didnt like the way I was driving. I apparently wasnt staying out of his way enough even though I was regularly doing 15 or more over.

He finally decides to get off my rear bumper and go around me and cut me off, (I was in the right lane, BTW) he eventually slows down once he is about 50 yards ahead of me and rolls down his window. I see his arm come out and he motions me to come along side. Nope! Not happening. Nothing good will come from that exchange so I pace him.

He gets off at the next exit and slows way down in the exit lane so that I would pass him before he turns onto the cloverleaf. As I pass he points at me like his hand is a pistol and "shoots". SMH.

Whatever happened to just flipping the idiot (me apparently) off as you drive by?

Funny how this kind of **** wasn't such a big thing back when folks had gun racks WITH GUNS on 'em in their vehicles. Almost as if the inner 3yo stuck inside of an adult body shut the hell up and just moved on instead of coming out to insult everyone around them on the road. Like maybe they figured it just wasn't a good idea or something.

Gingerbeardman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Anderson
    Had a guy violently swerve at me the other day, apparently he wanted in my lane so he could be stuck behind the car in front of me-none of us were getting anywhere. After he passed I saw no plates, even in the window. The whole world's gone to pot!

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    465 is getting nuts, I avoid it.

Though it may be the stress from all the traffic from north split closure. I bet shootings go down with north split open.

North split been closed 720 days before it opened. About when these shootings spiked.
    :laugh:

Can we make INDOT stop blowing deadlines by years now that we have data showing it actually kills people?

I am happy it's open, though, my run to Atterbury just got some time snipped off.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Are the Indiana State Police making any progress on arresting the Murderer of Glenn Rightsell? That was a murder on the road. No doubt they are hard at work at catching that murderer and not covering up the crime and hiding the murderer in Orange County.

So, until ISP does something about the murderer of Glenn Rightsell I don't want to hear a f***ing word out of them.

Reactions: Leo

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis

Can we make INDOT stop blowing deadlines by years now that we have data showing it actually kills people?

I am happy it's open, though, my run to Atterbury just got some time snipped off.
    If only... but their only concern is. No roadwork during the later half of may.. because the 500.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I had some ****wad get off the expressway beside me. While at the light at the end of the ramp, said ****wad gets out of his car (while trying pull his pants up over his ***) giving some mumbo jumbo about busting a cap (at least from what I could understand...sounded like he had a mouth full of ****).

Walked up to the window... then walked away.

If he had seen a gun in hand through the window, would this count as one of the thousands of DGUs that occur daily?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Saw this again more or less on my way home from Dayton today. I'm tooling along behind a silver camry. wer're going a little over the speed limit (72?) in the left lane, behind a car that just wasnt going fast enough for Camry dude.

We clear the right hand traffic and the slow poke pulls over and gets out of our way. Maybe only a mile or so in our way. Not a long distance by any stretch. I get frustrated easily by slow pokes and it hadnt started to irritate me yet.

Camry starts to pass the slow poke then just as he gets past, he swerves over and hard core brake checks the dude, then stomps it so hard visible exhaust comes out of the tail pipe. But he doesnt keep accelerating. He slows back down a bit and matches speed more or less, and pulls over into his exit lane and slows almost to a stop.

He then leans out the window looks back and uses his whole right hand, palm up, with all fingers flexing to motion for mr slowpoke to pull over and "chat" with a furious look on his face. dude was probably in his 50s. DEFINITELY old enough to know better.
    SMFH.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Saw this again more or less on my way home from Dayton today. I'm tooling along behind a silver camry. wer're going a little over the speed limit (72?) in the left lane, behind a car that just wasnt going fast enough for Camry dude.

We clear the right hand traffic and the slow poke pulls over and gets out of our way. Maybe only a mile or so in our way. Not a long distance by any stretch. I get frustrated easily by slow pokes and it hadnt started to irritate me yet.

Camry starts to pass the slow poke then just as he gets past, he swerves over and hard core brake checks the dude, then stomps it so hard visible exhaust comes out of the tail pipe. But he doesnt keep accelerating. He slows back down a bit and matches speed more or less, and pulls over into his exit lane and slows almost to a stop.

He then leans out the window looks back and uses his whole right hand, palm up, with all fingers flexing to motion for mr slowpoke to pull over and "chat" with a furious look on his face. dude was probably in his 50s. DEFINITELY old enough to know better.
    SMFH.

I have to continually remind myself to be the nice guy these days. Overly nice.

No one rides my ass. Why? Because if someone obviously wants to go faster than me, I pull over and let them by.

I certainly appreciate the favor when it's me behind a slower vehicle.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I have to continually remind myself to be the nice guy these days. Overly nice.

No one rides my ass. Why? Because if someone obviously wants to go faster than me, I pull over and let them by.

I certainly appreciate the favor when it's me behind a slower vehicle.

THis. No point in engaging these idiots.

ratames

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012

The fun just keeps on coming. 465 on the south side of town will have the eastbound lanes closed during the month of June, then they take a break for July 4th, and then back at it on the westbound lanes during July. Glad I don't have to deal with that mess any more!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The fun just keeps on coming. 465 on the south side of town will have the eastbound lanes closed during the month of June, then they take a break for July 4th, and then back at it on the westbound lanes during July. Glad I don't have to deal with that mess any more!
    I already warned my boss that depending on what traffic does, I may be working from home most days like I did during covid. It was nice. I would just schedule all of my tasks that require physical touch on the one day a week I was in, and only go in the other days if something came up and I HAD to touch something immediately.

Top Bottom