• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indybrownsfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Mooresville
    Got to shoot my 45 shield today and I love it...I also have the 9 shield ..but the 45 is like a hot rod...Love the grip and the feel of the gun.

Wondering how the 40 shoots now...Might be time for one more..Merry Xmas everyone !!

Xenokilla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Mishawaka
    Got to shoot my 45 shield today and I love it...I also have the 9 shield ..but the 45 is like a hot rod...Love the grip and the feel of the gun.

Wondering how the 40 shoots now...Might be time for one more..Merry Xmas everyone !!

The 9 shield is on my list. i have the full size mp 40 now as my carry but i'd like something smaller.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I keep trying to come up with a reason not to buy one. I guess I'm waiting for the Performance Center ported version since I was an early adopter on the shield 9mm and got hosed in that regard.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Being a 9mm guy, I am probably biased, but I really like my Shield in 9mm. I think the 45 would be cool to shoot though!

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    I have 2 in 9mm with trijicons and apex triggers and they are some of my favorite guns. I like them better than the G43 and I love glocks. I just think the shield is a better firearm at that particular size than the Glock.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    I have 2 in 9mm with trijicons and apex triggers and they are some of my favorite guns. I like them better than the G43 and I love glocks. I just think the shield is a better firearm at that particular size than the Glock.

Agreed. Sold off my 43 for a 9mm shield. Put they apex duty kit in it and it's a sweet shooter. All of my other guns are glocks but the 43 just didn't do it for me.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I'd like to pick up a Shield 45 soon. Can't really justify spending the money, as I frequently carry my Shield 9, which is an awesome little pistol. I occasionally carry an M&P 45 compact, but it would be nice to have a .45 just a little lighter and smaller. Anybody have both a 9 and 45 Shield, and can give an idea on the recoil difference? I once had a Kahr CW45 that was surprisingly pleasant to shoot, but I also had an XDs 45 that was a tad uncomfortable.

indybrownsfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Mooresville
    I'd like to pick up a Shield 45 soon. Can't really justify spending the money, as I frequently carry my Shield 9, which is an awesome little pistol. I occasionally carry an M&P 45 compact, but it would be nice to have a .45 just a little lighter and smaller. Anybody have both a 9 and 45 Shield, and can give an idea on the recoil difference? I once had a Kahr CW45 that was surprisingly pleasant to shoot, but I also had an XDs 45 that was a tad uncomfortable.
    The recoil is not bad..Its that first shot that brings it into reality...lol....The grip on the 45 really helps.

10mmMarc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 16, 2015
    Greenwood

I chose the shield over the G43 as well
    I have hated S&W autos forever, but when my wife wanted a carry gun, I let her choose and she picked the shield, I started handling it and ended up liking it so much I bought one for myself, I put Talon tape on both and just love the gun, now considering a M&P full size or compact as well.

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    I chose the shield over the G43 as well
    I have hated S&W autos forever, but when my wife wanted a carry gun, I let her choose and she picked the shield, I started handling it and ended up liking it so much I bought one for myself, I put Talon tape on both and just love the gun, now considering a M&P full size or compact as well.
    The compact is really sweet,Apex trigger with night sights awesome carry piece!psyko

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GlockFrenzy
    Top Bottom