• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SteveG66

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Does anyone have a source that has 45 ACP in 200 gr. SWC in Central Indiana that I can pick up?

The only place that I'm aware of is in Peru and I've had an order in with them for a while, they are extremly busy with supplying LE.

I do know about online, but, was hoping that I could pick up some locally.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    SteveG

MeltonLaw

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Downtown Indy
    Why are you wanting to pick it up? To save on shipping? Try the missouri bullet company missouribullet.com. I haven't ordered from them but I will in the future. They have a pretty low shipping because they utilize the usps flat rate boxes. I think in 200 gr they ship ~1500 for 10-15 dollars. Also their cast prices are very reasonable.

m_deaner

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    I have used both SNS Casting and Missouri 45 bullets, and prefer the SNS. I got some leading with the Missouri bullets, with both the soft and hard varieties that they offer. The SNS bullets were also more consistent in size and weight.

SteveG66

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Lead in IN

Thanks for the replies, I appreciate it.

I have read mixed reviews on MO Bullets, some good some not so good.

I'm new to reloading, i've reloaded Berry's in 230 gr which were plated. I want to try both lead and swc. I guess with the mixed results with MO, I want to try something thats a little more proven.

Also, i'm not opposed to mail order, just hoped that there was a gem here in Central Indiana that I could spend my money with rather than send it out of state. I would also like to mess around with different bullets as well, hoping that I could get a handful of these, handful of those, etc; this would be easier with someone local as well.

I have read good things about Dardas, Mastercast, etc.

Thanks in advance for your help,
    I appreciate it.

Steve

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    I use some of the Vance bullets from the INDY 1500. Quality is hit/miss, but for what I do they work. There is a new guy starting up down in Southern IN that will ship for $11 up to 70lbs. I can't think of the name, but I have a card at home if you're interested, the quality looked to be very good. He took over from Royal Bullets and improved the quality and seems like a nice enough guy.

SteveG66

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Thanks, I will probably try some Dardascast bullets. I've read good things about them.

I will wait until I read more positive about MO bullets. I would assume for the experienced reloader, they would be fine, however, I'm still working on my experience, just trying to minimize the unfortunate variables.

Have a great day,
    Steve

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Cast your own, there are a lot of good 200 grain 45 molds to be had, and it saves money over the long run.:)

Top Bottom