.40-why is it in stock more than other ammo?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amboran

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2008
    Brownstown,IN
    Just wondering what your ideas are-I have always had more luck finding Blazer Brass for $12.97 at walmart(even in TN on vacation). Is 40 really that unpopular or maybe just more profitable to make and sell? I like my Sigma 40-but wife and I can't seem to shoot it up faster than they're making it.:D

INDYTEX

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    INDY
    tell them to send some to INDY!!! I called four Walmart stores Friday May 15th, none in stock.......

:dunno:

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Its because I bought a .40 and told them that I better get ammo or else!

If you don't like that answer, then my alternative answer would be, I don't know, but I'm enjoying it while I can.

seawolfxix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2009
    Kansas City
    It's even easier to find out west. I was in Rapid City, SD, last month, and the Walmart had at least 20 boxes of .40 on the shelf. When I asked my girlfriend's roommate about it, he was like "oh yea, that stuff is really easy to find around here. 9mm? not so much."

amboran

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2008
    Brownstown,IN
    Stopped at Walmart in Oak Ridge,TN(on the way to Pigeon Forge) and their shelves were loaded with .40 Blazer brass and 9mm Winchester winclean. Guy at the counter related they had 1 case of .380 yesterday. I controlled myself and bought only 4 boxes of 40:) Probably had at least 25-30 boxes left at $12.97.Wow.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Simple answer: .40 is used in huge numbers with TONS of rounds burned up every day by law enforcement. Their production of .40 is higher than others due to this demand. Also, private citizens seem to be more of the .38, 9mm or .45 types. At the range, I see alot less .40 than others. .40 loading components are usually more available than others due to its slightly lower popularity with civilians.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    It must be different in every area, because a friend of mine is a LEO in Oklahoma, and he had me looking for .40 ammo for him here, because he coudln't find any for her personal weapon for almost a month.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    happened again today....... went to wally world on a whim, they have 40 blazer brass..... and nothing else. I just want some 9mm!

Top Bottom