• ...and so much more!
  • fuddus99

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Lawrence, IN
    I was a little bored over the weekend and thought it would be fun to design and print a pistol stand for my Walther PPK/S. So I took some measurements, sent them to my brother (he has autocad experience) and after a few hours had this little project wrapped up. Pretty cool result albeit not particularly safe or useful (Before anyone roasts me, the firearm was cleared and I don't intend on leaving this sitting out unsecured in the open).

Step 1: Idea (not all measurements shown in pic)

Step 2: AutoCAD

Step 3: Slice and configure for printer

Step 4: Print

Step 5: Test Fit and Finish. Job Done.

Also, I have absolutely no plans on selling or distributing these (a bit of a copyright and liability issue), but if you're into printing I can send you the file to print your own.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Good use of the medium, 3D printing. Any specs for printer, materials, basic info for dummies like me? Could one print a magazine? I'm curious how the details work on 3D prints. I think it's mainstream already and I don't know anything about it because I'm still a bit of a luddite.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Good use of the medium, 3D printing. Any specs for printer, materials, basic info for dummies like me? Could one print a magazine? I'm curious how the details work on 3D prints. I think it's mainstream already and I don't know anything about it because I'm still a bit of a luddite.
    There's far more than could be covered here, LOL. Printers run from a bit over $100 up to as much as you want to spend. Filament's $15-$100/kg depending on what you get (and we're up to dozens of kinds). Quality is limited by your wallet but controlled by your skill/time/knowledge of tuning.

jrh84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    Columbus
    I just got a printer for Christmas, an Ender 3V2. The basic material is PLA, but there are lots out there as others have said. Ive only used PLA thus far.

You could 100% print a magazine, but you'd still have to have a spring. Ive printed several AICS single shot magazines so far for match use.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Looks good, I've thought about getting into 3D printing to see if I could make some of the unobtainium internal gun parts out of good plastic.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    For future reference, I've seen similar files on Thingiverse. Might have saved your brother the couple hours lol. They might not have the Walther logo but that's easy enough to add with a little cropping and assuming your slicer of choice allows import of jpegs.

Top Bottom