• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    Im wanting to put a brake on my .358 Hoosier so I can keep my scope on target after shooting. It doesn't seem that anyone makes a muzzle brake in .358cal, so im considering buying a DPMS Miculek brake in .308. Then chuck it up in the lathe and open the hole to about .370-ish(?). Reviews on the DPMS brake seem positive, and I am still surprised the recoil reduction on mine in 5.56. My only worry is that by opening the hole, I will lose effectiveness.

Does this sound like a good idea, or is there another option I should look at?

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    I thought a .358 muzzle device was a suppressor?

:)

Cant find enough bullets to try and work up a sub load. I have a thread I posted probably a year ago about making a sub load and trying to put it through a 9mm can, but it didn't get much attention.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    I have my own lathe, which is why I'd like to do the work myself. If I had a mill I'd just make one, but I don't. I have a friend with a mill, maybe I'll see if he can cut the ports in it.

engineerpower

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jun 1, 2008
    State of Boone
    Right on, put up the pics when it get it done :)

I have the capacity right now if you or your friend aren't able to get around to it. I have a South Bend Heavy 10 and an Index Super 55, what are you guys rocking?

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    I've got a 14x40 precision Mathews with DRO. He's got a grizzly lathe, don't remember what size, and I forgot what the mill is, but I'm thinking it's a Bridgeport.

Top Bottom