• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 50apiguy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 16, 2009
    Clark County
    I have 1300 rds of steel core ap 7.62x51 ammo that im thinking about selling on gunbroker. How big of a hassle is it to ship ammo? Im thinking about splitting it up and just wandering how many hoops ill have to jump through to ship it.

50apiguy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 16, 2009
    Clark County
    Didn't wanna break the rules. Gotta have 50 posts to put anything in classifieds, whoever came up with that rule must have voted for obama. Damn liberals and their regulations!

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Didn't wanna break the rules. Gotta have 50 posts to put anything in classifieds, whoever came up with that rule must have voted for obama. Damn liberals and their regulations!
    First of all, there is a reason for the rule, and its in the FAQ I believe. Its to keep people from coming here just to use the classifieds. This is a discussion board, with classifieds for the participating members to use. This is NOT a classifieds website with a discussion board just for the heck of it.

getting closer 42 posts left
    And that is a really good way to get off on the wrong foot. Making posts with no content just to get to your 50 posts is frowned upon, and a bit immature if you ask me. I anticipate that these posts will be deleted and you'll be back to square one for post count.

A little advice: become a member (which you've done) and join in the the conversations with meaningful posts, you'll soon discover that you like it here, and the "comradery" is strong. This is a great place to learn, and talk about important issues regarding all things firearm related (even politics if you keep it in the politics forum).

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Didn't wanna break the rules.

Then stop putting up worthless "one liner" posts in an attempt to up your post count. The ones from yesterday have been removed; further such posts will result in an involuntary leave of absence.

:rules: :mods:

A little advice: become a member (which you've done) and join in the the conversations with meaningful posts, you'll soon discover that you like it here, and the "comradery" is strong. This is a great place to learn, and talk about important issues regarding all things firearm related (even politics if you keep it in the politics forum).

Good advice; all new members would do well to heed it!

And finally, to answer the original question - shipping ammo is a bit of a PITA. There are rules to follow, and of course the weight means it will be fairly expensive.

See:
    Transporting and Shipping Loaded Ammunition

or

How to Ship Ammunition or Ammo

Last edited:

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield

Thats worth a Neg Rep if I've given one...but in spirit of fellowship, you get a pass... you must have missed the vid....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ3I6SDjmsE]YouTube - New INGO Greeting[/ame]

50apiguy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 16, 2009
    Clark County
    First of all, there is a reason for the rule, and its in the FAQ I believe. Its to keep people from coming here just to use the classifieds. This is a discussion board, with classifieds for the participating members to use. This is NOT a classifieds website with a discussion board just for the heck of it.

And that is a really good way to get off on the wrong foot. Making posts with no content just to get to your 50 posts is frowned upon, and a bit immature if you ask me. I anticipate that these posts will be deleted and you'll be back to square one for post count.

You call it immature i call it having a sense of humor! If i really wanted to just get my post count up i would have kept doing it till i reached the mark.

50apiguy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 16, 2009
    Clark County
    Then stop putting up worthless "one liner" posts in an attempt to up your post count. The ones from yesterday have been removed; further such posts will result in an involuntary leave of absence.

:rules: :mods:

Good advice; all new members would do well to heed it!

And finally, to answer the original question - shipping ammo is a bit of a PITA. There are rules to follow, and of course the weight means it will be fairly expensive.

See:
    Transporting and Shipping Loaded Ammunition

or

How to Ship Ammunition or Ammo

Thanks for the link. But you all really need to calm down about "all those worthless one liner posts"

Thats worth a Neg Rep if I've given one...but in spirit of fellowship, you get a pass... you must have missed the vid....

YouTube - New INGO Greeting

Thanks did'nt mean to get off on the wrong foot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thunder219

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    opps.....didn't mean to open a can of worms on that one. rules are rules and i should have remembered that. i was just thinking that you may find a home for it with an INGO member. sorry guys

50apiguy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 16, 2009
    Clark County
    opps.....didn't mean to open a can of worms on that one. rules are rules and i should have remembered that. i was just thinking that you may find a home for it with an INGO member. sorry guys

No biggy. You were just tryn to help. Some people just cant take a joke.

Thanks to all for the info on shipping (and how not to cause a riot in a thread) Got the info i needed.

Last edited by a moderator:

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    You call it immature i call it having a sense of humor! If i really wanted to just get my post count up i would have kept doing it till i reached the mark.
    Humor? It happens all the time. New guy comes here just to sell his wares. He can't because he doesn't have 50 posts. So in one night, he posts a one line, meaningless response in 50 posts, he puts his gun up for sale, and never comes back after that. Its FAR from humorous.
    Thanks for the link. But you all really need to calm down about "all those worthless one liner posts"
    You're telling a MOD to calm down? I'm pretty sure he was calm. For a new guy it might seem like a simple joke, but for those of us that've been around a while, its not. It gets old and tiresome, and we just want people to actually be a part of the community rather than come here just to peddle their wares (sell stuff).

Top Bottom