• Status
    Not open for further replies.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Does anyone know if the Winamac Fish and Wildlife Area has gilling and picnic areas? This would be a plus for those binging families.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    Does anyone know if the Winamac Fish and Wildlife Area has gilling and picnic areas? This would be a plus for those binging families.

I'm not Andre, but I will try and answer for him. I have only been there the one time with him shooting and from what I remember there were about 20 parking places, two port-o-johns, one for men and the other for woman. There were a couple of benches backa ways from the shooting areas, but I don't recall seeing any picnic tables at the range itself. There may be at the main area of the state park though. :dunno:

Greg

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    I'm not Andre, but I will try and answer for him. I have only been there the one time with him shooting and from what I remember there were about 20 parking places, two port-o-johns, one for men and the other for woman. There were a couple of benches backa ways from the shooting areas, but I don't recall seeing any picnic tables at the range itself. There may be at the main area of the state park though. :dunno:

Greg

I am Andre and I will add to GOW's answer...:D

Winamac has a very nice property, there is not an area directly at the range to do a "picnic". Almost directly across rt.35 on the east side of the road is the entrance to Tippecanoe state park with camping, hiking, picnic and so on.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    So here is what Google Map shows....
    Google Maps

From the looks of it coming from Griffith I just take US-30 until I leave "indiana" LOL!!!
    Go south on 35 until I get to the Tippecanoe State Park and then turn WEST onto W 500N. From the satellite map looks like the "entrance" is off N 100 W right?

Are there signs for the range? From the sat images I can't make a range out?

---
    UPDATE
    Actually it looks like it's off N 200W based on this:
    http://www.in.gov/dnr/fishwild/files/fw_Winamac_map.pdf

and from the sat maps I can see a range there. So is that the right place. Looks like there is parking right off the road and then its the range.

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Well 2cool9031 I'm still going and taking my little sis as well. Never been and I think it will be fun rain, snow, wind, or shine. Besides it's not often that I get to shoot my long guns and while this is not training per say you never know in what conditions you may have to shot (night, snow, fog, rain, hurricane, etc..) so this will be a good experience. Hope to see ya there!

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    Nope...never been there, I figured it was more like JP....and I remember the Halloween shoot, was great to meet some of the guys and gals...but man, that wind was cold!

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    < 12 hour bump!!!

Covered shooting stations and it is set back in amongst the woods so wind is not an issue...

Looking forward to meeting everyone!!

Want to run a couple hundred through my Spike's 22lr upper before I do a full report on it. Figure it is only fair to break it in a bit first.

Just assembled my Spike's lower (Damn detent springs!!!!) and noticed the hammer and disconnect hang a bit, want to run it before I hit it with a file and stone.

GC Dude

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Do they have any rules about what kind of ammo you can use? Is military FMJ surplus ok?

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    Do they have any rules about what kind of ammo you can use? Is military FMJ surplus ok?
    Use anything you want there is 1 RO and as long as your not shooting each other or damaging the property he says hello and have a nice day, no NAZI ROs there...

Just checked the forecast!!

Mid 50's possible rain 1/4 inch or less, wind out of the north at 10 to 20 which is good we are well protected fro the north, south, and east.

emclean

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    porter county (NWI)
    seams like life just poped up to bite me in the ass. between my teen aged son who thinks it is optional to listen to me, and my wife getting held over at work (medical faculty) cause an aid decided that she had worked enough for the day.

i will get there if i can, but it is looking less and less likely. is it too much to ask for a boring week once in a while?

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    AuntieBellum & I are a maybe. We might make it after church with her dad in tow. Poor guy never gets to shoot. It'll be at least 1 pm before we could make it if we do drive up.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom