• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Notice the time of the 911 call. 8:36pm. Are these kids that stupid to be kicking in doors? There have been alot of break ins of this nature lately in Fishers. I'm copying and pasting this as it reads "for immediate release"

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE 3-15-2011

QUICK CALL TO 911 LEADS TO OVERNIGHT BURGLARY ARREST

(Fishers, Indiana) On 3-14-2011, at 8:36pm, Dispatch received a call from a homeowner in the 9600 block of Bradford Knoll Drive (106th and Cumberland Rd) who stated his front door had just been kicked-in by an unknown male. The caller said the suspect fled his residence after the two encountered each other inside the front door. The homeowner was able to provide descriptions of the suspect and two separate vehicles thought to be involved.
    Several Fishers Officers immediately responded to the area and had one of the described suspect vehicles stopped less than 3 minutes later along the 11200 block of northbound Cumberland Road. The vehicle stopped was a 1996 silver Lexus driven by 21 year old Indianapolis resident Dennis Lamont James. Also in the vehicle was 18 year old Indianapolis resident Andre Deon Johnson who matched the description given by the homeowner.
    Fishers Detectives arrived to assist with the investigation. The investigation led to the arrest of the two suspects on burglary and marijuana possession charges with Johnson being charged additionally with a felony charge of dealing in marijuana.
    Detectives have reason to believe the other vehicle involved in the attempted burglary is a 2005 tan Jeep Grand Cherokee that was reported stolen from another Fishers residence on 2/25/2011. Detectives say this vehicle should be driven by a black male identified only by the name ‘Boo’. Detectives also say that preliminary evidence in this case leads them to believe the suspects involved may also be responsible for other recent Fishers burglaries and the investigation to determine so continues.

mail
    mail

Dennis Lamont James Andre Deon Johnson
    Indianapolis/21 Indianapolis/18
    Conspiracy to Commit Burglary Burglary
    Possession of Marijuana Dealing and Possession of Marijuana

Sergeant Randy McFarland
    Public Information Officer
    Fishers Police Department
    4 Municipal Drive
    Fishers, IN 46038
    Office 317-595-3300
    Fax 317-595-3344
    mcfarlandr@fishers.in.us
    Visit our website: Town of Fishers, Indiana / Police Department

defender14

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2011
    Fishers
    I am hoping to hear that these are the guys that have been responsible for the recent string of burglaries here in Fishers. When I first heard of them from my wife over a month ago the news story was that they would ring a doorbell and if no one answered they would kick in the door and take whatever they wanted. My wife was not feeling safe every time the doorbell rang, especially when I would answer and there appeared to be no one around. Those burglaries are one of the reasons I took my NRA Basic Pistol Course, bought a handgun, and joined ingo looking for knowledge of the best ways to protect and defend my family.

Even if these guys are not responsible for all the Fishers Burglaries this year it is always good to see a BG get caught.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    ^ Every time I hear of another break-in, I'm hoping that the next homeowner would be armed and waiting for the thug to bust down his/her door and enter.

From this last news story, it sounds like the robbers ran the doorbell and there was no answer. That's when they started kicking in the door and the homeowner was just standing there. Good thing these robbers weren't armed and took a shot at the homeowner.

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Why would anyone try this at 8:30pm on a Tuesday? Hello Glee was on!

Anyway. How do you guys feel if he would have shot/killed the guy. His friends get away and obviously know where you live. What would you do? Try and move?

defender14

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2011
    Fishers
    How is the fishers area? We are looking at a house near 116th and Hague.

I have been living in the Fishers area for the last 6 months. I have personally had no issues and enjoy the area. The only crime I have heard of since I moved into the area is this string of burglaries and a meth lab bust.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    How is the fishers area? We are looking at a house near 116th and Hague.
    I love it in Fishers, but the traffic is more of a concern than crime, imho. I-69 sucks major donkey balls (although it's *slightly* better than it was a couple of years ago). Just sayin'. (Really, try to get to the house you're looking between 7 and 9 am and between 4 and 7 pm). Also, 69 and Allisonville are impassable when Dave Mathews is at Verizon.

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I love it in Fishers, but the traffic is more of a concern than crime, imho. I-69 sucks major donkey balls (although it's *slightly* better than it was a couple of years ago). Just sayin'. (Really, try to get to the house you're looking between 7 and 9 am and between 4 and 7 pm). Also, 69 and Allisonville are impassable when Dave Mathews is at Verizon.

We are coming from Carmel so no I-69 fiesta for us. And i work in Camel so i will be going the opposite way.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    In my case, when somebody knocks on my front door I KNOW they don't know me.
    My friends all alert me to their arrival in a different way.
    So when somebody knocks on my front door, I wait to see what they're gonna do.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    pretty sure the neighbors a block away would have heard the "STOP!!!" from inside my house had this been closer to Hamilton SouthEastern....

indianajoe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Fishers

Mom said "donkey."

Thumbs up for Fishers PD.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom