5   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    OC
    THE RIMFIRE RIFLE AND PISTOL
    SILHOUETTE MATCHES

July 11, 2009

Registration begins at 8:30 a.m.
    Competition begins at 9:00 a.m.

The rifle and pistol matches will be scored separately. It is not necessary for competitors to shoot in both matches. There will be, however, a bonus prize for the overall winner.

Equipment: Rimfire pistol and rifle, in caliber .22 short, long or long rifle. To prevent damage to the targets, no .22 magnum, .17 HMR, .17 Mach 2, or “Stinger” type ammunition, please. No restrictions on overall weight of rifles or pistols. Any trigger not subject to accidental discharge allowed.

Any sights, telescopic, metallic, or electronic may be used on both rifles and pistols. No lasers, please.

No shooting coats, or padded gloves, but trap-shooting style vests are permitted. Slings may be attached to the rifle but may not be used for support of the hand or arm. Palm rests may not be used.

At least 100 rounds of ammunition.

Course of Fire: Each match will be 40 shots at smallbore silhouette targets. All shooting will be done slow-fire from the standing position.

Competitors will have two chances to knock down as many of 20 targets as they can with 20 shots. Targets for each stage will be 5 Borrego (ram), 5 Guajalote (turkey), 5 Javelina (pig), and 5 Gallina (chicken). Your score will be the number of targets knocked over. In the event of a tie, there will be a shoot-off.

All targets in the Pistol Match will be shot from 25 yards.
    All targets in the Rifle Match will be shot from 50 yards.
    Paper targets for sighting-in will be provided.

Both matches will be held on the rifle range
    Entry fee is $10, whether the competitor is shooting one, or both matches.
    Prizes will be awarded to the top three competitors in each match.

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    ??????

My new P22 only functions well with CCI minimags, but with the short 3.4 inch barrel velocity is kept down could I shot with it?

Sgt 1371

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2008
    Laporte County
    ??????

My new P22 only functions well with CCI minimags, but with the short 3.4 inch barrel velocity is kept down could I shot with it?

I'll be using mini-mags on Saturday. Match Director thinks ultra-high velocity ammo, ie: stingers, etc. might damage the targets... Mini-mags are good to go though.

Top Bottom