• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Duce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Delaware County
    I own a HI- Standard Duro-Matic 4.5" barrel, used for plinking and running traps. I would like to supplement it with something a little newer.
    I used to own a MKI Ruger 6 7/8" barrel, it just never did much for me.
    I'm looking for something rugged, bigger, than a Walther P22, but not as bulky as my old MKI. I've narrowed things down somewhat to, Browning Buckmark, Ruger MKII MKIII .22/45, can't ignore price and durability, and for price, S&W.
    I'd like to get some input from owners good and bad. Suggestions on something I've missed but remember I'm Ol'school. Not really interested in something that imitates a main carry sidearm. Also I'm not oppose to price check and availability in shops within 40 miles or so of Anderson......Thanks...:@ya:....Duce<><

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I have two RUGER MARK II, one with a 5.5 inch barrel & one with the 6 7/8 inch barrel, I like the 5.5 inch barrel better, I guess it's the balance

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    I own a HI- Standard Duro-Matic 4.5" barrel, used for plinking and running traps. I would like to supplement it with something a little newer.
    I used to own a MKI Ruger 6 7/8" barrel, it just never did much for me.
    I'm looking for something rugged, bigger, than a Walther P22, but not as bulky as my old MKI. I've narrowed things down somewhat to, Browning Buckmark, Ruger MKII MKIII .22/45, can't ignore price and durability, and for price, S&W.
    I'd like to get some input from owners good and bad. Suggestions on something I've missed but remember I'm Ol'school. Not really interested in something that imitates a main carry sidearm. Also I'm not oppose to price check and availability in shops within 40 miles or so of Anderson......Thanks...:@ya:....Duce<><

If you did not like the ruger MKI you wont like the MKII or III
    Browning Buckmark is just about the same gun also ,
    Check out the Beretta NEOS ,
    it reminds me alot of an Updated version of the High Standard that I have ...
    :ingo:

Bshaw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Kokomo
    22. Plinker

I own both the Browning Buckmark ( Target Model) and a S&W 22.
    Both have a 5.5 inch bl I like both of these pistols but the Browning has the edge over the two. Any you have listed would be a good choice , try them all and then choose.

parson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    New Castle
    I had a Buckmark that was stolen in a burglary; I currently have a Ruger Mk III. I liked the Buckmark better. It's not necessarily a better gun, I just preferred it over the Ruger.

Top Bottom