• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bRAD

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 12, 2009
    I am curious to see what factory loads are the most accurate in the 22/250. Please post the bullet manufacturer, bullet weight, ect.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    What is your reasoning? the reason i ask, is just because X factory ammo is the most accurate for this person doesnt mean that its good for you... and are you talking plinking ammo... hunting ammo..... or high end match ammo.... all of them have differant degrees of accuracy and vary per gun.... i would say any match ammo would be the best factory ammo regardless of caliber... but that would be generalized as i have not shot a 22/250 enough to be able to catagorize ammo and its accuracy.

bRAD

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 12, 2009
    looking for varmint ammo. Most guys seem to lean toward the 50 or 55 grain Hornady V-max ammo. I was curious what everyone here thought.

KRBushee

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Wells County
    I just purchased a Savage 11fc 22-250, it has a 1 in 12 twist. I have also seen a 1 in 9 listed. I won't be getting the rifle until the end of April. But I am also interested in opinions on bullet types, I will be using it to shoot ground hogs mostly, and at least one coyote. Damn critter has been eating the cats next door, we think, any how they seem to be missing at least one a week. The coyote is also smart enough to stay out of range of a 22 long rifle, and seems to know when you are laying in wait. Savage recommends a Federal round in 50 grain vital shock, I think.

bRAD

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 12, 2009
    i have a 1 in 12 twist which easily accomodates up to 55 grain. I am just looking for advice on what if any factory loads seem to be the best. Any info that can be provided would be greatly appreciated.

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    I think you will have to try them to find out what works best in your gun.

Knowing the twist rate does help, but there are other factors about a gun that can make it behave differently with different ammo. When you are talking about high precision, very small differences between different guns like the exact chamber dimensions, leade, etc., can make one kind of ammo work better than others.

Posting the exact type of rifle you're using may help some - you may be able to get feedback from other people who shoot the same model. Even with the same manufacturer and same model, though, different folks get different results from different guns.

Top Bottom