2024. Making what I own better and staying away from the "shinny" new stuff.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Is this a lower leg kind of thing? He said shinny and I immediately thought of leg kicks or shin splints.
    Maybe Purdue was thinking shiny and new? I can't answer as that would be speculation on my part. Yes, Law and Order is playing in the background so I can't help myself! :runaway:

AdventureTeamJoe

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 10, 2018
    Indy Northside
    After a couple of firearm free spending years in a row, I've told myself this is the year I focus on essentials like mags and ammo.....plus maybe a pistol red dot or two. That said, there are three guns, if seen in local shops, I'd be hard pressed to pass up. Let's see how long this plan will last.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    2023 was a savings account draining year. Prepper supplies, ammunition, firearms...yes, it all added up.
    2024 is the year of savings focus. Decided that I would not purchase anything new as our collection is diversified and we have a minimum of two platforms for each caliber of ammunition we stock.
    Going to make some smaller purchases for some precision parts from places like LakeLineLLC and Galloway Precision.
    We may even move towards selling a few of the pew-pews but that is not a pressing issue nor a foregone conclusion.

Wishing everyone a safe, blessed New Year.
    I'm of a similar mindset...not so much adding 'new toys' but rather upgrading a few things on current toys, adding spare parts (springs, screws, etc.) and even selling items that are not seeing much, if any, usage. I'm also working towards stocking up on 3 basic calibers of ammunition as well as picking up basic staple type supplies, looking at 30-60-90 day, 180 day, and 1 year items. Talking with dad (and mom) about maybe putting in a larger garden, on their farm, this year??? [That'd be a LOT of Saturday's though...]

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    I'm a boring person, I only work on needs, not wants (now if i could get SWMBO to think the same way). 2 guns in the last 4 years and the rest has been reloading supplies. It will probably be the same again this year (unless I find the handgun I need).

Except for house payment I am finally debt free and intend to stay that way (it ain't easy).

Being half Scottish and half Dutch (pronounced "TIGHT A$$") helps.

like I said ...... BORING!

purdue98

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2015
    West Lafayette, Indiana
    I'm a boring person, I only work on needs, not wants (now if i could get SWMBO to think the same way). 2 guns in the last 4 years and the rest has been reloading supplies. It will probably be the same again this year (unless I find the handgun I need).

Except for house payment I am finally debt free and intend to stay that way (it ain't easy).

Being half Scottish and half Dutch (pronounced "TIGHT A$$") helps.

like I said ...... BORING!
    Fiscally conservative is a good trait to own in these challenging times. I commend you.

purdue98

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2015
    West Lafayette, Indiana
    I recently (past few days) almost broke down and purchased a Keltec P17. Nope! Didn't need it and this would have been a direct violation of my self imposed 2024 mandate. Unacceptable!!
    I did break down and order 2 MAGLOAD (UK) +7 Magazine Extensions for the Grand Power K22S in our inventory.
    I now have precision or enhancement parts coming for our TX22's (plural), Ruger American Duty 9mm and the Grand Power K22S.
    To date, while I have spend funds to increase our 22LR bulk supply, increased our prepper emergency food supply and medical supplies and precision firearm parts, I did add $1200 to my savings account the past pay periods.

I need to break the mental weakness to purchase more firearms. Addictions can be hard to overcome but overcome I must.
    :cool:

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    Got clearance from HQ (wife) to get a pre-ban M1A I have been wanting/mentioning for about a year now. :D
    I only have a few things left on my "list", but that's one. Maybe someday.
    More stuff means more cleaning/maintenance.
    Downsizing reduces stress.
    I agree with this. You eventually reach a point where it's just "stuff", and if you have more than you can reasonably use it becomes more of a liability than an asset. I try to have a practical purpose for everything, but if I'm honest, some of those "purposes" are a stretch. I've been trading off some redundant or rarely used guns recently in favor of fewer but better items that fill a more practical role. It's been refreshing.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    FalconRC369
    Top Bottom