• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    I just found this one . . . related to the banks and their willing cooperation with government records requests . . . doing the searching for the government . . . without demanding a search warrant or subpoena. Some of the information they requested the banks search for is troubling, very troubling.

https://judiciary.house.gov/media/i...-banks-search-private-transactions-terms-maga

So . . . Government 3-letter Dweeb calls your bank and credit card processors, asking them to search all their records for keywords, like "Cabellas", and "Bass Pro Shop", and "Rural King", and "Dunham Sports", and "Brownells", and specific MCC codes, such as "3484: Small Arms", or "5091: Sporting and Recreational Goods and Supplies", and for contributions to specific political campaigns. Bank and credit card processors tell Government 3-letter Dweeb: "Sure, no problem, we're on it! You'll have it by Friday COB!! Don't want no government regulators suddenly inspecting us." That's their implied threat every time: resist and Government Regulators will make your life a living, and expensive, Hell.

A reminder that very nearly all Bank and Credit Union debit cards go through a card processor, typically Visa or MasterCard. A card processor blocking your debit card on a legitimate transaction because you're buying a handgun or ammunition for your modern sporting rifle is unconscionable. The analog of using a debit card is almost the same as writing a check, except that the POS verifies the money is there real time. Who carries wads of cash or a checkbook around? Paper checks have their own identity theft risks with account numbers, routing numbers and the institution's name plainly printed on them -- the account in routing numbers in magnetic ink that can be read in a fraction of a second by a scanner!

Just as troubling is the Government trolling through ALL your bank records -- along with everyone else's -- without a subpoena or search warrant specifying the accounts of specific suspects. Did you contribute to Trump's, or any other Republican's 2020 or 2022 campaign? You're now on the FBI Watch List. THAT is why prohibiting financial institutions from keeping and willingly searching or supplying their records to government requests is important.

Edited to add:
    Election campaign donations are public record under Federal Election Campaign laws and regulations. Donors must disclose who they are. All the Guvmint need do to find campaign donors is search FEC records, which are readily available online. Anyone who donated to a campaign should remember what they had to disclose when making the donation.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    View attachment 326613

More dumb arguments, "Not using a credit card would not keep you from buying a gun"

Yeah but it would sure as hell make it harder and a pain in the butt in many cases.

Not being allowed to get loans to buy cars, would not stop you from buying a car either.
    Should we make that illegal.

Well, we don't kill people with cars.

We don't?

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Are these hearings recorded? If so, are the recordings available online?
    I am sure they are recorded, but the live broadcast doesn't have a rewind button, and I can't seem to bring up the recordings.
    Otherwise I would turn the Vernon Shush thing into a video

• Haha
    Reactions: Mij

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    I cannot believe the arrogance of the Dem Rep who asked why gun owners wouldn't be proud for everyone in the universe to know they own guns with full 4473 data about where they live, and what guns they've bought . . . because they're proud to parade them around to everyone.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I cannot believe the arrogance of the Dem Rep who asked why gun owners wouldn't be proud for everyone in the universe to know they own guns with full 4473 data about where they live, and what guns they've bought . . . because they're proud to parade them around to everyone.
    Yeah tell me about it LOL
    They are so arse backwards.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    One hours and 15 minutes is just before the laugh.
    I can capture the video but having trouble capturing the audio . . . may try using a different computer to do it. There video playback from the Indiana Legislature site has the video embedded in a Java delivery system . . . not like YouTube or Twitter that can be more easily downloaded from the website.

Verbosity Vernon is annoying as Hell.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I can capture the video but having trouble capturing the audio . . . may try using a different computer to do it. There video playback from the Indiana Legislature site has the video embedded in a Java delivery system . . . not like YouTube or Twitter that can be more easily downloaded from the website.

Verbosity Vernon is annoying as Hell.
    Yeah its even more hilarious someone did that, and that the chair didn't catch it.. total Moe's Bar moment from the Simpsons.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Want examples of banking or credit union institutions setting up mechanisms to block people from using their money for legitimate purposes?

From Georgia United Credit Union's EULA [emphases mine]. .

https://secureolb.gucu.org/eula.html

Took me a while to find this . . . I got the name of the institution from Jared Yanis' (Guns and Gadgets) YouTube video.
    I will buy what I freakin want man

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I'll see if the videos are up later. This morning out in the hall before the hearing Guy says, "The two dems from yesterday, they are new. That was their first hearing. I don't think they knew who they were up against." :rockwoot:

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I'll see if the videos are up later. This morning out in the hall before the hearing Guy says, "The two dems from yesterday, they are new. That was their first hearing. I don't think they knew who they were up against." :rockwoot:
    This much was for certain. The absent two left those girls to the wolves..

Go here, forward to

Fast Forward to 1 hour and 15 minutes, and watch the hilarity. Also zoom in at some of the subtile reactions of some of the people. While these people may be well behaved, I am guessing that this doesn't happen often and there were some subtile reactions to "Vernon Shush"

Top Bottom