• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Very proud dad here. I don't post pics of my kids on internet, but my oldest daughter who's 6 got a small 8 pointer tonight. She did so well. She didn't have time tonget buck fever when he came in but she sure was shaking after. She used 300 blk with barnes 110s. Buck dropped. She so excited and decided to run it in that she got her first deer at 6 and I didn't till I was 18 lol

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Very proud dad here. I don't post pics of my kids on internet, but my oldest daughter who's 6 got a small 8 pointer tonight. She did so well. She didn't have time tonget buck fever when he came in but she sure was shaking after. She used 300 blk with barnes 110s. Buck dropped. She so excited and decided to run it in that she got her first deer at 6 and I didn't till I was 18 lol
    My son always used those Barnes 110g black tips. Always drt. :thumbsup:

ws6duramax

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Metamora
    This is the first year that all my kids were to old to participate in youth season. I took my oldest nephew instead. Him and I usually have zero luck together , but not tonight. He took this nice 8pt about 730 Saturday evening. He put a great shot on it from 205 yards with a 243. It went about 50 yards dropped. I'm pretty sure my buck fever was worse than his !!
    35544.jpeg

Last edited:

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    My youngest got a button buck today, we got bait and switched by the doe. We put a stalk on a large doe….. ducked under the corn after she saw us…… we crawled about 25-50 yards got to 115yds broadside shot… he was standing right where the doe was. Good news is the 350 legend dropped him right there super happy with her shot, her persistence, and the round. And as I was taking him the 3/4mile to the truck I was mad she’s only 8 and not strong…. Also grateful she didn’t get the mom.

she sat for 8 hours yesterday and 4 this morning happy dad. Little dude already hit the freezer. Now I replace uncle tonight with the oldest and hopefully get it done.

zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    Lots of family events this weekend so we only had this morning for his first hunt. Several doe, but no opportunities. Still a good time, and while the weather wasn’t ideal for hunting, it was great for a kid to sit for a few hours.

One as able to show him I can still do land nav…

Attachments

• IMG_6308.jpeg
      IMG_6308.jpeg
      717.4 KB · Views: 6

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Well I replaced the uncle and me and my oldest got it done. She wanted to try spot and stalk…. Which sounds great except we have a a death grip tripod and a Henry big boy….. 20k steps yesterday 7.5 miles…. Total either dragging deer or carrying that rig lol

So we spotted a group of deer 300 yards away down a trail… they were feeding on acorns. We crawled hunched and hugged the sides of the trail only moving when heads were down. Got to about 105yds (last time I ranged her) daughter sets up shoots. The deer acted funny…. When hit. And something told me to get up there quick. So we got up there in a hurry and she was thrashing in the weeds off the side of the trail (very thick very steep) and I thought she was done.

So we wait 10 - 15 all is quiet. Get ready to retrieve and she starts thrashing again and going away from us we see the weeds moving like Jurassic park. And now the real circus begins…. This is the thickest stuff you have seen briars thorns burrs you name it. We only have 15 minutes left of legal….. and she clearly needs a follow up but we can see nothing.

So I do what I think any dad would do last bit of light tell my kid to jump in! (Kidding I went down first) I plowed the way like a man possessed finally I beat away enough of the thorns and branches chasing the moving grass my daughter got a shot on her.

Dragging her out was something we were over a mile in but that part is expected lol

So just as I thought, My daughter got her leg. so today going to check if it was my daughter or the scope knocked loose.

I’ve done some crazy tracking / recovering since I take my kids… and I’m a newbie myself but this one takes the cake. I cannot even explain how thick it was.

But I am 2/2 so youth deer was a a success. Hope everyone else had a good time.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    This is the first year that all my kids were to old to participate in youth season. I took my oldest nephew instead. Him and I usually have zero luck together , but not tonight. He took this nice 8pt about 730 Saturday evening. He put a great shot on it from 205 yards with a 243. It went about 50 yards dropped. I'm pretty sure my buck fever was worse than his !!
    View attachment 301209
    Nice!

Top Bottom