• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Hmmmm. Sounds like a waste for that rig! Should have let her walk to the next county so you got your money's worth....LOL!

I know this could come across wrong on a chat page so don't be offended...just making a comment about your awesome set up and being presented with a 40yd shot... nothing more.

Nah, no worries...I had it built as a multipurpose rig suited for 600-1000 yard steel as well as hunting. Appreciate the kind words, the Dasher isn't an easy turnkey round but holy smokes is it awesome...

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Saw no deer yesterday afternoon or this morning. Going to try a different stand in a different woods this afternoon and see what happens.

Good news: my doe is done being processed, summer sausage is ready! :rockwoot:

fullauto 45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Dec 27, 2008
    SE Indy
    23755065_10109258011532608_5897750823838606076_n.jpg

Did I miss that you can use a suppressor during hunting?

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    WOW! I sure missed that information.

Great. Now I HAVE to get a 308 can.

I am with you there but it REALLY drives up the price per pound!

At that rate I might as well buy my deer off of Amazon for $42.00 a pound!

I have finally gotten around to playing with my Ruger American in 7.62X39....So far I am impressed 50 yard 10 shot group completely covered with a nickle with cheep Wolf ammo. I haven't had a chance to take it out to 100 yards but so far I am a fan. It is already threaded to if I happen to find $1,000.00 laying in the street she may get a can?? Also not a fan of the last round hold open. I can see it in a semi-auto but on a bolt gun it is kind of a pain if you want to feed it one at a time. May just cut the tab off the mag follower to bypass that.

I will say I need to work on the Ruger Mini-30 mag though. It is feeding the projectile straight into the bottom of the feed ramp. I think it just needs a little bit of dremel work on the mag. lips to get it to kick the round up a little as it feeds.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Well if it were to be illegal, then the DNR would care... :rolleyes:

But the law was changed in 2013 to allow the use of suppressors.

I actully never knew they were illegal. I don’t have one so I don’t pay attention to that stuff anyway.

Thanks for learnin’ me somethin today.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    My season so far: Some of the worst weather that I have ever hunted in on Saturday....30 to 35 mph winds with thunderstorms. Sunday's weather not a whole lot better, still very windy, but no rain. Turned down a six point twice (same buck on two different day). He needs a few more years to be a good buck. Turned down one of the ugliest 3 pointers I have ever seen......fork on one side and a spike that was 13 to 14 inches on the other side. Watched a very nice 10 point shooter just 75 yards on the other side of the property line.....damn it, it's the only property line on my place that boarders private property. The other property lines boarder Hoosier National Forest.

Back at this coming Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Below is what happens when you come to the party uninvited. Note: Tikka T3X .308 (Hornaday SST 150gr.), topped with a Vortex Viper HS (4x16-50mm). One 147 yard shot.

XBcAv8S.jpg

S1VQZqw.jpg

Last edited:

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Lost a buck today. Tracked it over 2 hours and blood trail dried up. Based on what I saw of him running it looked like a leg wound. I feel horrible and wish I could have found him. I'm pretty sure he's across the property line still breathing.

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    Things really picked up for us yesterday. Was able to take two doe with my .308 from the same field one after another. Love the deer bundle. Have people waiting for jerky and sausage already.

After I cleaned those two I saw 3 more just grazing at around 12:30pm yesterday. On my way out of the property I had a spike run in front of the truck and turned on the main road to see four more doe eating in the field.

Dad said he got a nice doe tonight at 5:00pm. Said he saw a few more roaming. I must have missed the rut.....have seen a buck with a doe yet.

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    Lost a buck today. Tracked it over 2 hours and blood trail dried up. Based on what I saw of him running it looked like a leg wound. I feel horrible and wish I could have found him. I'm pretty sure he's across the property line still breathing.

Do you have permission to track on said property ?

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Things really picked up for us yesterday. Was able to take two doe with my .308 from the same field one after another. Love the deer bundle. Have people waiting for jerky and sausage already.

After I cleaned those two I saw 3 more just grazing at around 12:30pm yesterday. On my way out of the property I had a spike run in front of the truck and turned on the main road to see four more doe eating in the field.

Dad said he got a nice doe tonight at 5:00pm. Said he saw a few more roaming. I must have missed the rut.....have seen a buck with a doe yet.

I heard that the bucks were really chasing hard the last two weeks and the game cameras for us showed something similar. That said the buck I shot Sunday seemed to still be pretty interested in does and think he was what bumped up the 2 I saw about 20 minutes before I got him. I think the warm weather and big t-storms probably confused everyone a bit.

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    I recommend you work on that for next year if possible. Even snow birds need things worked on, looked after, kept safe...

-Nate

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Shot a coyote yesterday and a nice doe today. Both with 300 Blackout from Ruger American.
    2 years ago, daughter found an ice fishing sled from Eagle Claw. BEST DEER SLED EVER! 54"x 25w x 10" deep. Put the doe in the sled, dragged 100 yards to edge of woods, then 400 plus yards behind the atv right onto the trailer. Now to chase Mr. Big.

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    No, and as far as I know the owners are snowbirds and go south for the winter.
    I'd look them up and ask. All the owners I hunt next to have been very understanding and have had no problem givinge permission to enter their property to retrieve a deer if needed.

Top Bottom