• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Al B

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    EM78 South IN
    Would it be an understatement to say that this election cycle will be interesting?
    The current white house renter has pretty much f%@#*%# all of us that do not work for the "government". The discussion on this and all of its related topics has gone around and around with much finger pointing, fist waving and other antics.This leaves us with the only alternative which is to make sure someone of a completely different mindset is elected to the office of President. With the crop of nominees we have, this is still a major problem.
    I have read quite a bit on the candidates for the republican nomination and I'm not very impressed. Only one or two look like they could, or even WOULD do something about the situation of our country.
    It seems as in the 2008 cycle the republicans are doing the same old crap. They are whittling each other down and causing division in their own party. Party....a great word to describe what they do...can't wait till WE are invited to the party. Anyway, they are continuing the act. Jabbing digging, cutting, deriding, untill not much is left and everone is pi$$ed off, including the electorate, divide and conquer DOES work. Then after the primaries what will they do? Wander off back to their previous preoccupations and appear to not give a hoot about the country.
    So, what are we to do? I see lots of complaints and no action.
    Will we all rally behind a candidate or get miffed because "my guy" didn't get the nomination and quit?
    Will we go door to door and leave info like the bamabots did 8 or 9 times at my place last election?
    Will we stand up for the Constitution if someone tries to delay or stop the elections?
    So many more questions I could ask, but it boils down to the fact that we are in dire straights and we will have to do something. I look at my kids and grandkids and I am DEEPLY concerned about their well being and future.
    So, what are we to do?

Last edited:

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Will we go door to door and leave info like the bamabots did 8 or 9 times at my place last election?

BINGO! Get involved and support, with your time and money, UNTIL IT HURTS, those that are running for office that get elected to make decisions OVER YOUR LIFE! We have to get our message out better than They do, IT REALLY IS THAT SIMPLE! :patriot:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I feel as if I received a :rolleyes: from that response.

:nopity: You take it however you feel like taking it, just know that it wasn't meant that way. But I wouldn't blame someone for thinking the original post deserved a :rolleyes:. You essentially projected your own fears, concerns, and self-judgment on to everybody else and assumed that there was no walk behind the talk. I was only trying to let you know that just because you don't see anything, it does not mean nothing is there.

Al B

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    EM78 South IN
    :nopity: You take it however you feel like taking it, just know that it wasn't meant that way. But I wouldn't blame someone for thinking the original post deserved a :rolleyes:. You essentially projected your own fears, concerns, and self-judgment on to everybody else and assumed that there was no walk behind the talk. I was only trying to let you know that just because you don't see anything, it does not mean nothing is there.

I guess I used the wrong color letters....It was meant with a chuckle. Concerns, yes.....Judgement, no.
    I guess I am looking for some action to take. I know loads of good actions are being taken, but as you stated not much in the way of talking about it. Folks keeping things to themselves is a common sense thing I just had not thought about. As Dad would say, "you aint got much common sense do ya, boy...".
    Seems like we are all being screwed from so many different directions and it is frustrating me.
    Thanks for the replies 88gt.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    The actins of most people on this board are not really relevant in this situation. The Republican nomination will be locked up long before our primary. Most likely, Mitt Romney will be the man to go against Pres O. He has the most money and will likely last the longest. Either you have been supporting the candidate you want before now financially and talking him up to voters in places where it mattered or you aren't involved. It will all be decided soon, probably after Florida. The rest is just for show. Most people in states with late primaries don't get a say, except for huge delegat states like California. You couldn't win the Dem nomination without it. Cali knows they are the king maker so they have a voice. In Indiana, we're an afterthought, a flyover state. We only have a significance in the general election as a swing state.

bullet293

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    OMOKOK
    me too

I prefer to covertly support my candidates, so that nobody knows, not even strangers on the internet. :twocents:
    me too that way i dont look silly for supporting the guy who loses, duh no body wants to look like a loser. sometimes i just wait till the election is over to see who wins to say that was my choice and the rest of america agrees with me!!! makes me feel good about myself ya know!!!!

Top Bottom