ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    Holy crap, Rob, Tyler and Kimball are like 5 for 5 on these things..

3 for 3...... Plus I greased the vote by giving Evan a picture of Lisa in a bathing suit.

lisa.jpg

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I didn't want to go anyway! I have something much cooler to do on that day. I heard it's supposed to rain anyway! Besides who wants to shoot a bunch of loud guns and play with others that you can't even hear? Even if I was chosen to go, I wouldn't show up! So, there! :p

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I didn't want to go anyway! I have something much cooler to do on that day. I heard it's supposed to rain anyway! Besides who wants to shoot a bunch of loud guns and play with others that you can't even hear? Even if I was chosen to go, I wouldn't show up! So, there! :p
    mods have the open invite, you didnt get the memo;)

Andyccw

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    NW INDY
    AWESOME!!!!
    I am looking forward to visiting the Rice estate again this year.
    I will have to break the news to the wife that my fun budget is going up this month! (the new baby doesn't really need diapers does she?):laugh:
    Thanks to all of the organizers!

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    AWESOME!!!!
    I am looking forward to visiting the Rice estate again this year.
    I will have to break the news to the wife that my fun budget is going up this month! (the new baby doesn't really need diapers does she?):laugh:
    Thanks to all of the organizers!

Use cloth diapers like we are! :D

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    Prayers Please!!!!

Hi gang, it's me. I need all the help and prayers I can get or I won't be able to go to the Alumni NFA Day with Bill. I fell yesterday and seem to have broken 2 bones in my foot. I was seen at the ER and am in a soft cast until I see my Ortho tomorrow. He'll either (probably) redo the Xrays to see what's going on, or schedule me for surgery because the bones aren't correctly aligned. I'm hoping that I won't need the surgery, I've had way to many on that side of my body (right) and I was in tears in the ER because I was so disappointed that this had to happen right now!

I saw the videos of last year (Bill sent them to me via my phone) but couldn't attend myself because I was in CA having (you guessed it) surgery on both my back and my R knee. I have been looking forward to going to this shoot for over a year now, and just 25 days short of the actual event, I had to fall (I tripped while trying to plug in our fax, and rammed my foot/leg into the crevice between the end of my desk and the wall) and end up with a broken foot.

Our daughter took me to the ER yesterday afternoon, (Bill was frantic, cuz he was at work and couldn't leave) and after multiple XRays, we were right, it was broken. I'm now completely dependent on the Walker that some of you saw at the 1500 to get around the house. Poor Bill feels awful because he so wanted me to go, and Love My Woods was SO gracious (I'm handicapped in the first place from a botched surgery in 08, for damage caused by my ex) he was going to ferry me down to the range on his ATV.

I was almost inconsolable yesterday, this is a HUGE disappoint for me, I had even gotten my Dr's ok to attend in the first place, altho not fire anything that would knock me on my ass. Now I can't even put any weight on that foot, at least until after tomorrow. I'm not supposed to be putting any weight on it, but I have to because otherwise I'm stuck where I am once seated. I have a very skewed sense of balance, so if I tried to hold onto the walker and hop around the house, I'd only end up falling and breaking something else, or end up IN the hospital like I did the tail end of this last June.

Bill thinks I can still make it, but it all depends on what the Dr. says tomorrow. If I don't need surgery, and they can cast it instead, so help me I'll crawl down to the range on my hands and knees I want to go so bad! I wish I could still ride, because the foot I broke is not the one I used to mount my horses with, and at least I'd have had 4 good feet available to me that way. But nope, my back and hip won't allow that to happen ever again. Riding is out, permanently. :(

As it looks right now, I'm going to have to miss a lot next year as well, I'm being set up for my hopefully LAST back surgery next March, this time they're putting the "hardware" in, to stabilize the vertebra, which has more damage than my original Dr. in CA thought. It's collapsing over time from the arthritis. As well as possible knee surgery to fix what else has gone wrong in there, I feel like I'm kneeling on broken glass when I have to get down like that. I know this is going to sound really bad, but I hope my ex rots in H*** for what he did to me.

Thank God for Bill, he's the type of man and husband I should have waited for in the first place! Now, instead of being treated like dirt, I'm watched over, guarded, waited on when necessary (I had to talk him into going in to work today, he wanted to stay home with me) and treated like a Queen! If I could do it all over again, I'd have waited for Bill until I married, and our daughter would have had a REAL Daddy from the git-go, a REAL man, not just a "sperm donor"! When my ex turned his abuse towards her, I took both of us and "bugged out", leaving almost everything behind. Her safety and health were what mattered to me, the rest was replaceable.

Anyway, if I have to stay home, I relinquish my spot to the next worthy person in line, I hope they enjoy themselves as much as I know I would have! Bill will still be going (I hope), because there's no need for him to miss out on such an enjoyable event! I wouldn't even ask him to stay home, and I don't want him to on my account. Our daughter can come over and "babysit" me that day.

I'll update everyone tomorrow, we see the Dr. at 11:00 am, EDT. Please, if you pray, or even just talk to God, ask that I can be fixed well enough to go and try my hand at something I've been waiting and wanting to do for so long!

Thanks guys, you're all a great bunch of people!
    7th Stepper :tantrum:

Last edited:

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    So sorry to hear of your misfortune. :(

Three weeks is plenty of time to heal up for the trip. If you're up to it, we'll find a way to get you where you need to go on NFA Day!

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    So sorry to hear of your misfortune. :(

Three weeks is plenty of time to heal up for the trip. If you're up to it, we'll find a way to get you where you need to go on NFA Day!

Thank you SO much, I can't believe this happened. I'm usually SO careful about where and how I walk. I've learned to hate the inside of hospitals. So with His Grace, "From your lips to Gods' ears"!
    Thank you!
    7th Stepper

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    if old gertrude can get down with NFA in a chair you bet we're gonna get you down there shooting something with a happy switch! being disabled myself I know what beast his hill is. we'll make it happen!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--K3X6rptE4[/ame]

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Are thoughts aNd prayers are with you. I have no doubt in my mind if you can make it to the shoot the hardest thing you will have to do, would be decide which gun to shoot first. We will all do our best to help you out :D.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom