• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Big John

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    How does the guy who started the group shoot not make it???? LMAO If I had known about it sooner I could have made it but I too have previous engagements.

Have fun guys.

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    I've laid in about 900 rounds of 22lr, and the Rensselaer Walmart still has some 550-round packs available for $16.47 as of 20 minutes ago. If anyone feels the need and sends me a PM by 8am tomorrow, I'll stop on the way and pick you up one.

Krazny13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    I'm planning on rolling out of here around 1130ish. Puts me in there around 1245. I wasnt able to get the .22 fixed, and the 870 is currently minus a barrel due to some work being done on it.

I have a little 9mm, and some 5.56, as well as a couple hundred rounds of .308 for my M1A.

I snagged a big package of plates yesterday, but I'll try and grab something else as well.

I'll be in a Green/Gold Chevy Blazer with WI tags. . . .

Last edited:

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    I'm so mad. I got stuck working a twelve tomorrow. There is no way out of it unless I want to lose my job. Have fun guys.

Kinda sucks that you aren't going to make it dude, BUT I will do my best to blow up a few targets in your absence and honor. Sure wish we had that Garand to shoot. Guess you and I will have to pick a time to meet up for that at a later date.

Semberfi211, glad to see you are bringing the grill out. Seems now we are going to need it. Plans are still the same from my Point of View. I intend to head out about 9ish. That should put me there somewhere around 10:30ish. I am still planning on setting up at the extreme righthand or east side of the range right next to the shotgun range. I will be in a Maroon Sebring that I will back into the parking space and put up a reflective sunshield in the windshield with the letters INGO across it. I will have my INGO hat as well as a BRIGHT ORANGE jacket on so folks won't be able to miss me. Hope to see everyone out there tomorrow.

I will check my email before I leave in the morning to see if there are any last minute preps that are needed. I got a message from MikeA today and he said he drove by JP and that we were going to need a boat to get out to the targets. No he will not be there tomorrow. I will explain it in person when we are at the range or afterwards back at the shelter area eating. As I said before I have plenty of 9mm (about 1700 rnds) so if anyone wants to pick up some from me it's $20/100 9mm 115gr from Precision Reloading. I have some .22lr also. Approx 3K rnds and intend to swing by wally world on my way out and see if they have any. no big deal if they don't of course.

Ok I am going to head off to bed here in a bit. gotta a lot of guns, ammo and food to load in the AM ;)

Greg

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    OK.....I will be seeing you guys in the morning, I will be there for the shoot but I have plans later so I won't be there for the cookout. I will bring a case of pepsi, in case anyone gets thirsty at the range.
    Bringing an outers rifle rest.
    Mauser rebarreled in 7.62x39
    Ishapore .308
    Contender Rifle in .223
    10/22
    ATI CS9 9mm
    CZ 50 .32acp
    Taurus 941 .22mag
    See you there! I'll be driving a dark blue buick century.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    sorry to hear you won't be able to make it T&S we'll try to have the best time we can in your honor. I've got the pork cooking now, should be ready for the bbq in the morning. I'll wear my mud boots since it sounds like its going to be muddy, or at least bring them. Once again I'll be driving my blue focus ZX3. Kinda hard to miss, prob the only one you'll see lowered 2" with a borla exhaust, lol. I'll also have on one of my INGO hats, and prob even throw on my name tag from NFA day as well. Oh yeah, btw. I don't have any buns for the bbq, hopefully there will be extra ones for the burgers. But I have found this stuff is great on burgers and hot dogs, also nachos :D I can bring a loaf of bread though, but I don't keep buns around.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    If anyone that's been there before gets this before you leave, please PM me your cell phone number just in case I get lost. So I have someone to call if I have probs.

Oh yeah I may have a friend from MI and her best friend coming too. Not sure yet she's gotta try to talk her friend into it.

glocktoys

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    May 12, 2008
    mishawaka, up north
    sorry friday was a bad day for me and after a dr app i will not be able to make the trip. hope to make another later but the trip is too far and outside and cant do that now. hope you all have fun and be safe. someone pop a zombie for me.....

Krazny13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Got up, loaded up the truck, get ready to head out.

Truck wont start. Something dumped the battery again. . . .

Looks like I'm not gonna make it. . . .

Last edited:

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I had to work last night, and I slept right though my alarm today. A bit late to start the day now since I have to work again tonight. Hope everything goes well. Cant wait to see the AAR.

emclean

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    porter county (NWI)
    I missed everyone down there. i was at the 50 yard benched by 12:30, and put a sign on my mini-van.

by two thirty the boys were cold and ready to call it a day, and i hadn't ran into any other members. hope you all had a good time, maybe the link up will work out better next time.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    We were all at the 25yd range

I missed everyone down there. i was at the 50 yard benched by 12:30, and put a sign on my mini-van.

by two thirty the boys were cold and ready to call it a day, and i hadn't ran into any other members. hope you all had a good time, maybe the link up will work out better next time.

We were all at the 25yd range....then the 100yd range....You probably thought you were the only ones there....Sorry we missed you!

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I had to work last night, and I slept right though my alarm today. A bit late to start the day now since I have to work again tonight. Hope everything goes well. Cant wait to see the AAR.

Similar here. I woke up late sleeping through my alarm after staying up late cleaning some of the guns. Then when I got up 2 hours late, got everything packed and loaded I noticed it was almost noon already. Got to thinking 2 hour drive to shoot only 2 hours didn't sound like a good idea when I'm strapped for gas money anyways. So I ended up going to Elwood Conservation Club where I'm a member and shooting till 6:30 and had a great time. Found out the sights on my SKS need the windage adjusted. Which that ended up killing one of the thin metal legs on my el cheapo target backboard. I got something rigged up to finish out my rifles and switched over to pistols. A stray shot with my CZ52 which seems to shoot low killed the other leg. So I then switched to my 45's and started picking out pieces of wood and shotgun shells to shoot that were in the dirt berm. And thanks to some tips Jay gave me a couple weeks ago I was hitting those pieces or close to them at 25 yards with my 1911 V12. Either way had a real fun day of shooting, killed a few zombies with the rifles. And now am about to eat some of my bacon infused bbq pork I had made to take up there. :D

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana

Sorry we missed you as well. I set up at the far right of the 50 yd range, but the wind was just a bit too bad for the .22 rifles I had, so I moved to the 25 yd range where the rest of the group seemed to have gathered.

The wind was DEFINATELY a factor today. It took what could have been a GREAT day of shooting and turned it into a test of wills. One that got the better of ladyghost and myself. I left the range at about 2pm and headed homeward.

I'd like to take a moment and thank EVERYONE that braved the wind and cold to come out. I had a good time meeting folks and putting a face with the names. I think we need to make it a more regular occurance of getting together. I am going to be talking to Turnandshoot4 and discuss perhaps a meet and eat at one of the local NW Indiana Restaurants around the latter part of Nov, or Early Dec. Keep your eyes peeled for the posting about it.

Greg

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Well I am home from an eventful day at work. I'M SORRY I COULDN'T MAKE IT!! I'm glad to see some of you guys (and gals) were out there!!

Ghost, let's start planning the next meet and greet now! How about some place warmer :thumbsup: ?

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Ghost, let's start planning the next meet and greet now! How about some place warmer
    thumbsup.gif
    ?
    May I suggest Attebury? There seem to be a lot of members in the Greenwood/Mooresville/Martinsville area that may find it easier to get to.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    May I suggest Attebury? There seem to be a lot of members in the Greenwood/Mooresville/Martinsville area that may find it easier to get to.

Attebury is a nice range from what I have heard, but I think this is more of a NW Indiana meet and eat kinda thing. I have noticed that the more active folks seem to be in central (indy) and southern indiana (bloomington). I want to NWI to be as active if not MORE active than any other area of the state. Folks from all over are MORE than welcome to join us of course. I know I personally love meeting folks from the rest of the state as well. :D

At this point we are taking suggestions in the Merrillville or Valpo area for a meet and eat. Come on folks throw out some suggestions. Even those that may NOT forfill the criteria that I mentioned.

Greg

glocktoys

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    May 12, 2008
    mishawaka, up north
    well i am way up north in the center so closer is better for me (work 70+ hours a week). i have plenty to bring (nfa and exotic) so just need a range and bring some ammo and off we go. i know in elkheart they have a indoor range if shooting in the cold is not your idea of fun ($10 a shooter +$5 for each extra person using same lane and shoot handgun and rifle up to and including .308 win). just a option.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom