• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cooltools

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2012
    My son recently turned 18 and of course applied for his LTCH, lifetime. It was a few more dollars than mine but arrived 2 weeks after submitted. Surprised both of us !

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Yep 7 days here from before the December rise. 2 weeks is better than 6 months... it should be quicker though.

mjlcobra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Mine was issued in 3 days, received in 9 days. It was a heckuva shock, I expected 6 months. Glad to see the system is really catching up. Amazing turnaround for lifetime LTCH.

Longhair

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    Mine was issued in 3 days, received in 9 days. It was a heckuva shock, I expected 6 months. Glad to see the system is really catching up. Amazing turnaround for lifetime LTCH.

ISP cashed my money order on January 10..........still no pink!

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Did the electronic prints and the state police e-mailed me asking where the application was. Turned out it was still on the desk of the Sheriff waiting for more to send in at once but after finding out the State was waiting he sent it right away.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Pretty sure that a clean record speeds things up more than doing electronic fingerprints. Just sayin'...
    They're entirely unrelated. If you go electronic and do not have a clean record you will experience a delay. If you go paper and do not have a clean record you will experience the same delay.

mjlcobra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    They're entirely unrelated. If you go electronic and do not have a clean record you will experience a delay. If you go paper and do not have a clean record you will experience the same delay.

This will rustle some of your jimmies... I had a misdemeanor from 2004 in Florida and was approved in 3 days. I have no theories other than the ISP has a bingo roller and picks people at random. Figure that one out!

On a side note, according to Allen County's website: As of March 25, 2013, all handgun applications must be filled out online via the Internet at the following web address: Application for Handgun License. In the pop up box, select “Allen” for the county and proceed to fill out the application. When finished, hit the “SAVE” button to save the application.

Maybe the electronic application is the more important step (or combination with L1). I think we'd can all agree the system isn't functioning as it should.

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville

Everything I read back when I was waiting for mine indicates otherwise. At that point (early 2013) going paper took an extra few weeks. Not having a clean record was adding months and months.

Top Bottom