Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Light on details as of yet.

Most of us here are old enough to remember John Walker. He spied for years and recruited family to spy for the Soviets.

1 sailor assigned to vessel in San Diego, the other based near Los Angeles​

It is unclear whether the two cases are connected in any way. The first sailor, a 22-year-old assigned to a vessel in San Diego, was arrested on an espionage charge relating to a conspiracy to share intelligence with a Chinese official.

The second sailor, based near Los Angeles, is charged with conspiracy and receipt of a bribe from a Chinese official.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I also remember the Walkers.
    And I remember thinking how happy I was that he put my life at risk..
    And helped the Ruskies bridge the gap on millions of $$$ spent on research on making subs better.

:xmad:

I wouldn't just buy the bullets to put them down.
    I'd volunteer for the list to send it on the way.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I also remember the Walkers.
    And I remember thinking how happy I was that he put my life at risk..
    And helped the Ruskies bridge the gap on millions of $$$ spent on research on making subs better.

:xmad:

I wouldn't just buy the bullets to put them down.
    I'd volunteer for the list to send it on the way.
    The Pueblo Incident? The Soviets had the norks grab the Pueblo to get their hands on a KG-48 to see if what Walker was sending them was real.

maxipum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 6, 2012
    Bloomington
    Light on details as of yet.

Most of us here are old enough to remember John Walker. He spied for years and recruited family to spy for the Soviets.

1 sailor assigned to vessel in San Diego, the other based near Los Angeles​

It is unclear whether the two cases are connected in any way. The first sailor, a 22-year-old assigned to a vessel in San Diego, was arrested on an espionage charge relating to a conspiracy to share intelligence with a Chinese official.

The second sailor, based near Los Angeles, is charged with conspiracy and receipt of a bribe from a Chinese official.

These two should be doing a rope dance.

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    The bribes paid to Zhao totaled $14,866, according to an indictment. The petty officer faces up to 20 years in prison if convicted.
    I think I read the other guy got paid $5,000. If someone is spying from a sense of duty I get it but these guys......

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I think I read the other guy got paid $5,000. If someone is spying from a sense of duty I get it but these guys......
    I did read somewhere one of them was not an American citizen. I hesitate to take too much from surnames, but not being a citizen, definitely raises a flag on who is coming into this country. The Chi-Coms definitely play the long game.

Either that, or they were just looking for a way to upgrade their gaming system or put cool rims on their car.

Being a non-citizen means you don’t have a security clearance, but there is an awful lot of unclassified for official use only documentation out there. Technical manuals would definitely be in that area.

Operations plans on the other hand, would definitely be classified.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I did read somewhere one of them was not an American citizen. I hesitate to take too much from surnames, but not being a citizen, definitely raises a flag on who is coming into this country. The Chi-Coms definitely play the long game.

Either that, or they were just looking for a way to upgrade their gaming system or put cool rims on their car.

Being a non-citizen means you don’t have a security clearance, but there is an awful lot of unclassified for official use only documentation out there. Technical manuals would definitely be in that area.

Operations plans on the other hand, would definitely be classified.
    One became a legal citizen in 2022

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    One became a legal citizen in 2022

I remember reading in another thread that non-citizens or people who recently gain citizenship status are the shining example of integrity and know more, and respect the constitution more than our own.

This thread lays out an excellent example of what I was conveying over there.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I remember reading in another thread that non-citizens or people who recently gain citizenship status are the shining example of integrity and know more, and respect the constitution more than our own.

Nearly a MILLION new citizens naturalized in 2022. Still not a good argument.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Do we know if these two had their required DEI training? Could make all the difference in their status…

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

And what about the other one?

Surprise surprise. Greed assholes can be from any country.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    iSeekLight
    Top Bottom