• jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    WOW looks like EC is trying to beat Indy on these robberies. :xmad:
    Stay safe out there people. Last week was another robbery at yet a third eating place in EC. (https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ncilwoman_four_others_robbed_at_gunpoint.html)

SOURCE: Two men rob East Chicago restaurant Taqueria Los Comales

EAST CHICAGO | Police are seeking two Hispanic men who they say robbed an eatery in the 4800 block of Indianapolis Boulevard on Thursday evening.

The suspects walked into Taqueria Los Comales, pulled a gun and robbed the restaurant, according to East Chicago City Spokesman Damian Rico.
    Taqueria Los Comales wait manager Christian Ruiz said both suspects stood about 5 feet, 8 inches tall. One was wearing a white bandanna around his face, and the other was wearing sunglasses, he said.

Rico said the suspects fled with an "undisclosed amount of money" in a red SUV, and police are seeking help from anyone that witnessed the event.
    Rico encouraged people to call the city's anonymous tip lines at 219-391-8400 and 219-391-8500.

Thursday's robbery was the second recent armed robbery on the 4800 block of Indianapolis Boulevard -- Shark's Fish & Chicken was robbed at gunpoint last Thursday.

Police say a Hispanic male wearing sunglasses used a gun to rob that restaurant, as well. !~ By Pete Nickeas, The Times

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Probably a noob question, but isn't it that in Lake County where even LTCH owners can't carry a handgun?

1) Welcome to :ingo:
    2) Don't feel shy about asking questions. We were all new at one point and had questions we wanted to answer.
    3) Don't feel bad if some poke fun at you or make rude remarks in purple! We do have some clowns in here who are good people but just a bit crAzY! :D

Now for your question. By having an Indiana LTCH this means you are allowed to carry either open or conceled (your choice as the law is silent on how to carry) in most places in the state of Indiana.

This is a good place to start to read more about it:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...discussion/16185-ingunowners_faqs_sticky.html

Now there are some cities/towns that frown upon open carry of your firearm (Hammond and St. John come to mind) and you will get harrased by the local LEOs about it you are LEGAL to do it (OC) if you want.

If you plan on carrying either OC or CC might I suggest you read this post as well.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...our_rights_what_to_do_when_leo_stops_you.html

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    1) Welcome to :ingo:
    2) Don't feel shy about asking questions. We were all new at one point and had questions we wanted to answer.
    3) Don't feel bad if some poke fun at you or make rude remarks in purple! We do have some clowns in here who are good people but just a bit crAzY! :D

Now for your question. By having an Indiana LTCH this means you are allowed to carry either open or conceled (your choice as the law is silent on how to carry) in most places in the state of Indiana.

This is a good place to start to read more about it:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...discussion/16185-ingunowners_faqs_sticky.html

Now there are some cities/towns that frown upon open carry of your firearm (Hammond and St. John come to mind) and you will get harrased by the local LEOs about it you are LEGAL to do it (OC) if you want.

If you plan on carrying either OC or CC might I suggest you read this post as well.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...our_rights_what_to_do_when_leo_stops_you.html

There are also some places that require you to OC, such as Speedway, IN.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    WOW looks like EC is trying to beat Indy on these robberies. :xmad:
    Stay safe out there people. Last week was another robbery at yet a third eating place in EC. (https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ncilwoman_four_others_robbed_at_gunpoint.html)

SOURCE: Two men rob East Chicago restaurant Taqueria Los Comales

"EAST CHICAGO | Police are seeking two Hispanic men who they say robbed an eatery in the 4800 block of Indianapolis Boulevard on Thursday evening."

There's the problem: they were confused by the name of the street.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    "EAST CHICAGO | Police are seeking two Hispanic men who they say robbed an eatery in the 4800 block of Indianapolis Boulevard on Thursday evening."

There's the problem: they were confused by the name of the street.

smiley-laughing021.gif

Perhaps but does not the typical Indy story say "two black men" as oppose to "hispanic"? At least based on the readings here that has been my impression from the "bad parts of Indy" ya talk about.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    smiley-laughing021.gif

Perhaps but does not the typical Indy story say "two black men" as oppose to "hispanic"? At least based on the readings here that has been my impression from the "bad parts of Indy" ya talk about.

No, they just simply don't even mention race if the suspects are black. I've noticed it a few times on the news recently. They will report a gas station robbery, or a shooting, and will give a detailed description of the guy(s), except for their color.

Something like "witnesses describe the shooter as between 5'10" and 6' tall, with short hair and a moustache, wearing jeans, white sneakers, and a baseball cap."

I guess they now believe that if they constantly report that black people are committing crimes it makes them racist.

Jubbie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Northwest Indiana (slacker)
    Probably a noob question, but isn't it that in Lake County where even LTCH owners can't carry a handgun?

The authorities certainly seem to make us want to believe that. Fortunately, they aren't very convincing to us LTCH carriers. Unfortunately, the bad guys don't believe it either, heck they don't even believe in the need for an LTCH. Crap, now I'm kinda siding with the bad guys.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    No, they just simply don't even mention race if the suspects are black. I've noticed it a few times on the news recently. They will report a gas station robbery, or a shooting, and will give a detailed description of the guy(s), except for their color.

Something like "witnesses describe the shooter as between 5'10" and 6' tall, with short hair and a moustache, wearing jeans, white sneakers, and a baseball cap."

I guess they now believe that if they constantly report that black people are committing crimes it makes them racist.
    The way around that would be to just give us a picture. If it's a white guy, just say it's a white guy. Hispanic, just say hispanic. Call them all out but the one. If they can't mention the color because of a bogus racist cryout, then there will be no question what race commited the crime.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    As indicated my my earlier post, I too was told that it is illegal to carry in Lake County, Indiana.

I appreciate all the info on the pages you posted Jediagh. I wonder where this myth/rumor/whatever you want to call it about Lake county originated...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    No idea Cru but suspect that since NWI (Lake County) is very close to Chicago which has a ban on guns that it might just be "assumed" that Lake County also. Since there is a Lake County, IL as well. Also with all the "high crime" in Gary, Hammond, EC it would be "assumed" that guns should be illegal. But really not sure.

FYI...
    The next NWI INGO MEET & EAT and MEET & SHOOT are up for AUG/SEP.
    I have posted the MEET & EAT here:
    Please vote on the time you want to meet.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ngo_meet_and_eat_oc_cc_-_sat_28_aug_10_a.html

I have posted the next MEET & SHOOT here:
    Please vote on the day you want it to be.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...590-nwi_ingo_meet_and_shoot_-_sep_2010_a.html

aikidoka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    Hammond
    As indicated my my earlier post, I too was told that it is illegal to carry in Lake County, Indiana.

I appreciate all the info on the pages you posted Jediagh. I wonder where this myth/rumor/whatever you want to call it about Lake county originated...

Other govt. units, towns, cities are still allowed to regulate firearms on their property. So, Hammond does not allow firearms in city buildings or in city meetings in city parks or park roads.

cp009

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    NWI
    I'm in lake county and I carry through Hammond and East Chicago. I steer clear of Gary. East Chicago does have some awesome authentic mexican joints you can eat at. But it is perfectly legal to carry in Lake County as it is part of Indiana.

Top Bottom