• 42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    2 deer one week (pics added)

its been a rough season so far. i haven't seen the numbers i usually see and the bucks ive seen have just been 2 yr olds. i killed a doe tuesday morning. i went out tonight and just before dark i got a text from dad that said "buck comming at you" the stand i hunted tonight is about 400 yds north of his house. i text back and said "shooter" he says "oh hell ya" i had laid a drag line on the way in to the stand and a bout a minute later a deer is comming right up my drag line towards me just like i wanted. it was light enough i could see my pins and could just barly make out a rack. i shot it perfect at 35 yds it ran 50 and fell over in the cut corn.

i went straight to the house (the other direction) and got the tractor giving the deer plenty of time to die. came back and got my first good look at the deer and its a 3 yr old. ill see what it wieghs tomorow but i bet it goes 180-190. im not to upset over it but i wouldn't have shot it had i known it was that young. oh well

pics will be up tomorow

Last edited:

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    ya i couldn't be happier about the meat especially the doe. the buck will all be jerky my family loves deer jerky and im not crazy about any jerky. but atleast it keeps my does from going to jerky

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    here are the pics

pic one is the rage 3 entry at 35 yds
    deer09001.jpg

pic 2 is the buck
    deer09004.jpg