• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    I purchased a Smith & Wesson M&P15 last month. I couldn't get out to test fire or zero it in until today. It's a keeper. It only needed an adjustment for elevation and I was good to go.
    I have not fired an M16/.223 rifle in 31 years (USAF). Today, it felt like I was reacquainted with an old friend. I loved hearing the buffer spring recoiling in the stock while my cheek was pressed against it. The short M4 platform took a bit of getting used to, but....that was half the fun. I didn’t have time to wring it out, but at least I know it functions and it'll hit what I'm aiming at. More practicing will follow.:D
    I'm not planning on using anything but the provided iron sights. I'm gonna just keep it simple....no changes, no modifications. It works for me and I'm happy with it.

Pictures just added...9/12/09

Last edited:

TODD1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    CGROVE SSIDE
    glad you liked it I got mine back in March and have put nearly 2000 rds thru it
    very easy weapon to get aquainted with. good luck

js_silveradoss

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    New Castle, Indiana
    The AR is hard to beat. I shot one for the first time two weeks ago. The best gun i have ever shot!!:rockwoot::rockwoot: I got a Colt LE6920.
    misc2037.jpg

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    I've had Colt, Armalite, Bushmaster, and an M&P. I gave the Colt to my dad, sold the Armalite and the Bushmaster, and kept the M&P. They are great little guns.

jerp239

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    NE Indiana
    I got mine in the spring of '08 and had some feeding issues with it at first. I was ready to use it as a paper weight, but I figured out that it likes to run very wet. I haven't had any problems since and it is a joy to shoot.

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    I think I finally figured out how to post the pictures from my range trip at New Castle's Wilber-Wright range. I sighted in my M&P 15 and plinked about 120 rounds downrange. My wife fired it also.... first time for her. She loved it and pretty much made me look bad!!!
    Man, do I need more practice!

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Well done, and thanks for the pics! Need to work on getting my wife to shoot my M&P15. She has used it as a flashlight to look for lost toys in teh back yard (using my new LED flashlight), but never put any lead down range with it.

dtkw

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    Bloomington
    I am thinking about trading my Sig556 for a M&P15 Monday. The Sig is nice but a bit on the heavy side to carry around. Plus the iron sight on it is a joke for the price of this gun. I read about the M&P15 and I might go that route.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Hey nice hat! There must be something about shooting ARs this weekend and wearing a flag hat. . . .

2wci1sn.jpg

I went to Martinsville Conservation Club to shoot pistols Friday wearing my LAPG $.99 Flag hat, does that count? :dunno:

I do wear it, or my black one every day though, so it was nothing special :patriot:

:ingo:

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    I think I finally figured out how to post the pictures from my range trip at New Castle's Wilber-Wright range. I sighted in my M&P 15 and plinked about 120 rounds downrange. My wife fired it also.... first time for her. She loved it and pretty much made me look bad!!!
    Man, do I need more practice!

When I showed these photos to my wife, her first words were "Those sneakers make you look like an old fart." I politely said "thank you dear" and made a mental note to stop looking like a fart.... I can't do anything about the "old" part.:dunno:

dtkw

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    Bloomington
    Just picked up the M&P15T today. It has a M&P rear flip up sight and front flip up sight. I am going to try it out Thursday to see how it shoot with the iron sights. It much lighter to carry than the Sig 556.

Top Bottom