DWS

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    Sheridan
    SOLD - 1996 Chevy 1500 Shortbed

SOLD

My sons old truck. He just crossed over to the dark side and bought a dodge. He bought this truck a little over a year ago and has put a little money into parts (has receipts) and it's been a solid truck with zero " serious" issues until a couple weeks ago. (More on that in a second). So he decided that due to getting a decent job recently and not paying rent to his old man - he can afford a "better" truck than me.

I had the same truck in a 1998 for 5 years and this truck was way better than mine. This 1996 Chevy's body is really solid with the only major rust being the one spot on the oassanger door in the picture. Other than that - there is nothing bad on the body considering it's a 1996 with 207K on it. It's was his everyday driver and was not planning on buying anything else until this last instance.

The Good:

Solid Body
    Clean interior
    Strong Strong Engine (starts better than my 2000 Chevy which irritates me LOL)
    Nice after market stereo
    4X4 works great
    Recent Front End Work (New parts)
    Fresh oil change (he changed it every 3K)

The Bad:

I believe the tranny is gone. Reverse won't engage at all and it Won't shift by itself but drives "fine" if manually shifted. I think it's needs a new clutch pack in it or something. I'm no mechanic - it's simply a guess on my part. (It had been rebuilt before he bought it - but I don't think it was done very well). It shifted a bit hard from the beginning when he bought it.

Needs Tires
    Passanger side window won't go down
    Tailgate is stuck closed - easy fix if you have the tools
    Air conditioning needs charged

So there it is: If you have a mechanic contact that can give you a deal or simply have the means to replace the tranny than this is your truck. With a bit of work it could be a sharp truck rolling down the road. The boy needs money for new tires on his "new" truck. So he is looking for enough coin to cover that cost.

Personal sale blue book is like $2500. So subtract $1500 for tranny issues and you have SOLD. In my opinion that's a damn fine deal on this truck even with the tranny issues. What you see is what you get - no other problems that I know of and have done my best for full disclosure of the issues. Seriously - if I had the money is keep it for a work truck when we move - but I don't have the space to keep it at our current house.

Located in AVON. Bring your best offer to the table.... Thanks for looking...

Last edited:
    Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom