WTT: 1955 Russian Tula SKS Matching Serial Numbers (?) Unfired since import 35 year safe queen

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spanky46151

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Martinsville
    GONE I know this is no place to BS, so up front I'll admit, I know little about SKS rifles and including what I believe to be true from research. I bought this gun 35 years ago from, I think, Southern Ohio Guns, and, if I recall correctly, paid $69 for it. They were priced from $49-$69, hand-picked guns bringing the premium. Assuming the sling came on it, but I don't remember to be honest. Never fired since I bought it. Still smells of cosmoline. Bore is bright and shiny best I can see, but this this gun has never been disassembled for optimum view. Markings indicate, I think, a 1955 Tula Refurb, but the finish appears to be quality blued, not painted. Buttstock appears to have faint strikings above the obvious serial numbers and seem to possibly contain some of the same characters. As I said, I'm uneducated on SKS, so I wasn't sure if the CCCP number was the original serial number and the other matching were arsenal applied. Not trying to pull a fast one, more asking. This is too nice a gun to "waste" in my safe. Since I'm admittedly ignorant, and don't trust the online auction hype infomation, I'm looking to trade, not sell. Open to all offers, but a big 1911, lever action big bore, 10mm & 3" magnum revolver fan. Will require to see ID and prefer LTCH, no information copied. IMG_4181.JPG IMG_4182.JPG IMG_4198.JPG IMG_4194.JPG IMG_4201.JPG IMG_4180.JPG IMG_4199.JPG IMG_4195.JPG IMG_4176.JPG IMG_4183.JPG

Last edited:
    Top Bottom