• ...and so much more!
  • Limpy88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Lafayette
    WTT/WTS 1918 winchester mod.1911 12ga "headbuster, widow maker"

this is 1918 Winchester model 1911 s.l.(self loading) 12ga full choke semi-auto shotgun. i'm selling this for my father as he does not have a internet connection. the gun is nicknamed a "Head-buster" or "Widow-maker", due to the way it loads. you grab the barrel at the checkering and push back to the reciever to push back the bolt to load the first round. ppl would do it against there foot staring in the barrel, or push it against a tree. as you cant tell the fore arm has been changed. it was changed before my father aquired it, but the color difference isn't as bad in person. the camera makes it look worse. the blueing is about 65%-70%. the reciever has been slightly reblued. this gun shoots great. shoot trap over the christmas holiday with it. half the kick of my remington 870 12ga. only a dime size spot of rust on the barrel. willing to meet with a resonable distanct

asking $300.00.
    willing to trade for ruger mkII or mkIII stainless pistol

I will be handling the deal but can bring my father along if you prefer.

thanks for looking.

100_1985.jpg

100_1979.jpg

100_1980.jpg

100_1991.jpg

100_1992.jpg

100_1993.jpg

Last edited:

Limpy88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Lafayette
    How mnany rounds does it hold? Is that an external hammer I am seeing? How much does it weigh?

the tube holds 4 shells

it is not an external hammer. it is the take down screw. it has a spring loaded hold pin that you have to keep depressed while you back out the screw and the recevier seperates to clean.

i do not know the precise weight but it seems a few ounces lighter than my 870 express magum 12 ga with a 28in barrel. and wood stock.

Top Bottom