• ...and so much more!
  • indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    I wasn't getting good POA accuracy from my Springfield Armory 1911 Gov't Model at close range. After analysis, it was suggested that I install a longer trigger. I took it upon myself to source and install said trigger. I like the Wilson Combat line for no particular reason and because of that purchased one of their aftermarket Ultra Light Long Match triggers.

After a YouTube video by WC, some valuable advice from CM, and about 2 hours, I now have a new trigger installed and functioning nicely. We shall see if it makes a difference in my accuracy.

Yes CM, it took some wing bending and filing for proper fitment. I'm pretty stoked I was able to do it!! Thanks CM!

Old Trigger
    SA1911OriginalTrigger_zpsddad6100.jpg

New Trigger
    SA1911NewTrigger_zpsea1ceb77.jpg

:banana:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am glad to help.
    Had a buddy try this a while back. He could not understand why the trigger would not drop right in.
    Looks good.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I like the looks of the Skeleton Triggers over the solid blade. I have both.
    IF this is your first trigger job I'd like to make a suggestion. Load ONLY one round in the mag the first couple of times you fire it. Maybe I'm over cautious but I have had ONE run full on me after trigger work.
    CM is all over the 1911s now. I like his thinking....

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Looks good. I will be doing a trigger install on one of my 1911's tonight. It has a none adjustable trigger for pre-travel. So I plan to eliminate 90% of the pre-travel and take it out to MCFG for some test firing.

Top Bottom