• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chrstian_indy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    A friend and I are thinking of going to the 1500 next week to buy TONS of ammo. And i have a few questions........

1. How any of you bough any ammo? If so how is the quality....
    2. What do the prices range from? 100, 200,500,1000 rounds....:dunno:
    3. What are the prices?
    4. I was at the gun show........last year. And it was :runaway:
    I saw guys walking out with dollies full of ammo cans. The gun show is Friday, Saturday & Sunday.
    Should we go 1st thing friday morning to purchase ammo? Or will there be ammo left on Saturday? (We work Mon-Fri).

EddieV

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2011
    Last 1500 I bought 1000 rounds of pmc 9mm on sunday for 200 bucks. Same price they were selling it for on Friday same show. The guy in front of me bought a lot of stuff too and i did overhear him getting a bit of a deal, for what its worth...

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    9mm brass cased 1000rds= $200 out the door....great stuff and cheapest around

.223 wolf steel cased 1000rds= $200

I don't remember what brass cased 223 was going for....but you can find ammo cheaper at that show than anywhere...or at least as cheap

chrstian_indy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    What me and my friend are afraid of is, with all the ammo prices going up and the news of ammo shortages. We fear if we go Saturday most of it will be sold out. So we're thinking of going Friday for the ammo and Saturday for other stuff......

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Saturday used to be my day of choice....too early and people may not bargain as much...too late and best deals may be gone.....really just a superstition thing...but anymore I'd prefer Fridays...get first grabs at deals and beat the bigger crowd

ZachJ03

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    Grant Co.
    Saturday used to be my day of choice....too early and people may not bargain as much...too late and best deals may be gone.....really just a superstition thing...but anymore I'd prefer Fridays...get first grabs at deals and beat the bigger crowd

Is the best time to go on Friday when it opens, or a little later? I usually go on Saturdays, but thinking about trying Friday this time for a hopefully lighter crowd. And it isn't this coming weekend, but the 16-18th correct?

chrstian_indy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    Is the best time to go on Friday when it opens, or a little later? I usually go on Saturdays, but thinking about trying Friday this time for a hopefully lighter crowd. And it isn't this coming weekend, but the 16-18th correct?

next week :rockwoot:

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Keep in mind that the Flower and Patio show is also going on at the same time and crowds/parking is going to be a mess, especially on the weekend.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Also. Where are these vendors mainly located?
    They are scattered...usually, one of the better guys is int the corner directly forward of the entrance door.....but there are others and they move around sometimes from show to show......so, the best thing IMO...is to get there early, beat the crowd,. ...have an idea of what you're looking for...start at one end and work your way the other direction as fast as possible and remember the best prices and their locations...once you've made your initial round...go back an buy.......because it never fails....I buy early before seeing everything...and 6 rows later I find a better price

deanald2pt0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    NW Indy
    Like anything gun show related, you need to know the value of what you intend to buy before going in there. Do your research ahead of time and you will know a good deal when you see it.

Some places will have good deal, some places will not.

Remeber cash is king, but don't expect them to come off there price much for just one case of ammo. The average person and the ammo vendor have different ideas about what a volume discount really is.

ZachJ03

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    Grant Co.
    They are scattered...usually, one of the better guys is int the corner directly forward of the entrance door.....but there are others and they move around sometimes from show to show......so, the best thing IMO...is to get there early, beat the crowd,. ...have an idea of what you're looking for...start at one end and work your way the other direction as fast as possible and remember the best prices and their locations...once you've made your initial round...go back an buy.......because it never fails....I buy early before seeing everything...and 6 rows later I find a better price

Excellent advice. It never fails, If you don't walk the show and find the best deal on what your looking for, you will find it cheaper. My brother taught me to do this. It is a little hard sometimes to remember exactly where I saw it the cheapest though lol.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Like anything gun show related, you need to know the value of what you intend to buy before going in there. Do your research ahead of time and you will know a good deal when you see it.

Some places will have good deal, some places will not.

Remeber cash is king, but don't expect them to come off there price much for just one case of ammo. The average person and the ammo vendor have different ideas about what a volume discount really is.
    ^^^:rockwoot: THIS TOO!!

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Excellent advice. It never fails, If you don't walk the show and find the best deal on what your looking for, you will find it cheaper. My brother taught me to do this. It is a little hard sometimes to remember exactly where I saw it the cheapest though lol.
    Yeah, I have to find very distinct features and identify an exact direction from it to the target area when I want to remember something's location.....but I'm cheap and try to make my money go the furthest I possibly can....so I'm always baby sitting local shops, online ads and auctions, etc...so I know when there is a good deal for what I'm looking for

chrstian_indy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    my buddy and I where thinking of running around like a chicken with it's head cut off and running around asking for prices. I'm looking for 9mm and 22lr, 7.62*39. He's looking for 308 and 7.62*51. Then when we find the cheapest prices, we'll call each other and give our location.

2 heads are better than 1

Top Bottom