• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I was at another website when we were talking about 12 GAUGE ammo, I mention that I keep a 12 gauge with 00 BUCK, but I also keep two boxes of either #4 or #6 in my truck in case I shoot off all my 00 BUCK, I can't say what a member said to me in his post, but I say it my way without getting an infraction:D He said that if some one shot him with either #4 or #6 that he would take their shotgun away from them & put the shotgun in a place that would make that person feel strange when they sit down;)
    I've shot shotguns & I feel anything coming out of that shotgun will take the hostility from the person that get hit with it's load:popcorn: WHAT IS YOUR OPINION:dunno:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    It was nice knowing you! Sounds like you got a post from Chuck Norris and he'll soon be round-house kicking his way through your intestines and then setting fire to everything you own. Don't you know that the only thing that can kill Chuck IS Chuck? You don't shoot 00 Buck, you shoot 00 CHUCK!

I'd post back and offer the guy $10,000 and the keys to your truck if he can pull that feat of strength off. Tell him you would gladly shooting him with #4 and then if he can get up from the blast and do what he said that you'll gladly give him $10,000 and the keys to whatever vehicle of yours he wants. Gotta love the interwebz

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Sounds like a typical internet tough guy. Probably typed it fron his moms basement.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    It was nice knowing you! Sounds like you got a post from Chuck Norris and he'll soon be round-house kicking his way through your intestines and then setting fire to everything you own. Don't you know that the only thing that can kill Chuck IS Chuck? You don't shoot 00 Buck, you shoot 00 CHUCK!

I'd post back and offer the guy $10,000 and the keys to your truck if he can pull that feat of strength off. Tell him you would gladly shooting him with #4 and then if he can get up from the blast and do what he said that you'll gladly give him $10,000 and the keys to whatever vehicle of yours he wants. Gotta love the interwebz
    Mr. TOUGH BUTT, said that #6 or #4 doesn't have penetrating power:dunno: I say a gut shot with either will stop his inbreeding ways:dunno: but what do I know, I've seen guys get hit by beanbags & they stopped being hostile;)

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    My bedroom defense weapon is a "shorty" Ithaca 37 with Federal Defense Loads. #2 shot.
    I've tried it out on 3/4" plywood at 15 yards and it's scary how much damage it does and how well it fills out a 4' pattern at that distance

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    Ever shoot a rabbit with 00 buck?

What, you don't like smoothies?

Anyways I was assuming it was for self defense (obviously).

In answer to the question, I'm sure #4 or #6 will at least wake them up, but damage is dependent on range and clothing. I think I'd either save a *little* bit and buy more 00, or cut the base of the shells to make adhoc slugs.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    What, you don't like smoothies?

Anyways I was assuming it was for self defense (obviously).

In answer to the question, I'm sure #4 or #6 will at least wake them up, but damage is dependent on range and clothing. I think I'd either save a *little* bit and buy more 00, or cut the base of the shells to make adhoc slugs.
    I'm sure if you shoot some one with #4 or #6 you'll get their attention:rolleyes:

El Guero

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2011
    Nw Indiana
    well 00 or # 4 is always better than nothing, i just do clay so i guess i am lost with 7.5, but i i have to shoot that i will , then the shotgun and als last resource my shoes or even my cell phone.lol

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I wouldn't depend on a #4 or #6 hunting load for SD because they can both be defeated by a leather jacket or layers of clothing. They both have limited penetration abilities. Unless you are in contact range.

Now a cut shell is a totally different matter. Even a #9 target load is devastating if it is a cut shell.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I wouldn't depend on a #4 or #6 hunting load for SD because they can both be defeated by a leather jacket or layers of clothing. They both have limited penetration abilities. Unless you are in contact range.

Now a cut shell is a totally different matter. Even a #9 target load is devastating if it is a cut shell.
    I don't think a leather jacket will stop #6 or #4:n00b:

badmac183

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 25, 2011
    hamlet, IN
    Are we talking about #4 buckshot or bird shot?

e91-4.jpg

because this #4 buck looks pretty deadly to me...

Top Bottom