• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    22Plinkster uses a Glock 40 to test regular 180 gr FMJ 10mm and the Lehigh Defense Xtreme penetrater 140 gr. loaded by Underwood ammo. Cool stuff.

[video=youtube_share;WDvzul3rvTk]http://youtu.be/WDvzul3rvTk[/video]

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    The Military Arms Channel (youtube) had a video that tests those same rounds but with ballistic gelatin. Very impressive indeed. Maybe of my spare carry mags should have those in it!

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Keep in mind their on some on INGO that will scoff at the video because a Glock was used. Their just cheap plastic things you know.

Hkfiend

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    in the Ford Galaxy
    What I didn't like about that is that I wish he would have used a standard 10mm from underwood instead of armscorp. He might as well have shot a .40s&w at it because that's about what Armscorp rounds are loaded at.

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Not that I'm ever in bear country, but I wonder if those would be a better defensive round in that kind of situation. Of course a 44 Rem Mag, 454 Cassull, or 50 S&W Mag with a similar bullet would be even better.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Not that I'm ever in bear country, but I wonder if those would be a better defensive round in that kind of situation. Of course a 44 Rem Mag, 454 Cassull, or 50 S&W Mag with a similar bullet would be even better.

Yeah but you are limited to 5 or 6 rounds before a reload.

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Good point tanker. I think a G20 with 1 in the tube and 15 in the mag allows for a lot more opportunities.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville

You can get .44 magnum with those bullets, but if that 10mm goes through 1" of bullet proof glass, it will go through any part of a bear's skull and rip right through its brain. I think it is Finland where the police that patrol in the arctic use Glock 20's because of polar bears. They are probably loaded with hard cast lead bullets, but this one would be even better.

I've got two mags of these with my Glock 20, waiting on a hog hunt or a trip to bear country. I bought some in .380 and the new Xtreme Defender for my 9mm. I'm not carrying them yet, because I don't know how reliably they'll feed. We'll see. The 10mm rounds feed just fine in my Glock 20, though.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I recall seeing a video of Nugent finishing off a Cape buffalo with a 10mm- several shots, but it seemed to work.

I'm betting he had hard cast lead bullets. I saw the video, btw, and while the animal was already probably mortally wounded, it got up and turned toward him and he put it down with a handfull of shots. It took him right down. These bullets would have been even better, no doubt. Solid copper beats even hard cast lead, for penetration. Just look at the way that thing smoked the bullet proof glass in 22 Plinsster's video!

Top Bottom