• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaveO

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Washington IN.
    I'm looking for some full power PD loads. Factory ammo. Everything I'm seeing is loaded down for PD use with the more powerful stuff in hunting applications. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I think a problem (or not even a problem) with most factory HD 10mm is that those very projectiles are designed for a little slower .40s&w for consistent expansion and performance.

Like Sig makes very good 10mm fmj and hp, the 180gr v crown hp is a respectable 1,250 fps.
    The 200gr v crown hp is reportedly around 1,000 fps.

I would like to have a fast and heavy projectile, so hunting loads it is. Underwood seems to be the best for that.

Ultimately I want anything to do everything, but I'm just silly that way.

10mm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2024
    Greencastle
    I haven't bought 10mm in years as I roll my own. I like the 200gr xtp bullets and I usually get them around 1250fps from a 6" barrel. Underwood use to be the place to go for 10mm and likely still is. There are plenty of decently performing bullets out there, but it takes ages to research them all and find the expansion patterns at different velocities. I like xtp because they hold together and expand reasonably at nearly all load velocities, however they open up very well at the higher end I like to shoot them at. I know the 200gr and the 180gr well and I use to load 135gr noslers around 1600fps, but those were screaming and flattening primers.

Edit: trophy bonded federal premium is also the real deal stuff. It's a premium ammo and they're very proud of it last I checked.

Top Bottom