• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    How do you know the sale is only good through tonight?

Says so right on the page the link goes to. "Sale Ends 12/24/2012 at Midnight"

I have no idea what time zone they are in and haven't done business with them before. I'm just passing on the link.

I've got plenty of mags and prefer the window ones, but $10/each is a good price even when not in full blown hysteria mode.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Word of caution: the website says your card will not be charged but mine was immediately charged according to my bank statement online.

Yep, that is a no go for me... if they needed to authorize the card to make sure it was good they could just authorize a $1... I hate places that say they don't charge the card until they ship and then immediately charge your card anyway (are you listening Botach?)

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    It should be just a "authorization hold charge".. It should not be charged as interests until the product ships.. (thats the way it should work, anyway).

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I checked my credit card and the charges are "pending" which means I really haven't been charged until the business (DSG Arms) takes it out of the pending status and that shouldn't happen until they are ready to ship. This is a very common practice (pending status) that is used by many companies, it allows the retailer to know that the funds are there when they are ready to ship.

Note: Pending charges will go against your cards limit (this secures the funds for the retailer) but will not be charged to your monthly statement until it is removed out of pending status.

Last edited:

bowtie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    South Bend
    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh why do you guys have to do this to me?! I have about 25 of them. I could always use 10 more! Its not a bad deal a 10 bucks a mag cause you can find the covers for around 4.75 for a 3 pack which puts the traditional pmag at around 11.50 ish still not a bad deal.

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Just backordered 10 of em. Maybe they'll come, or maybe the ban will hit. $11/ea shipped is a pretty ok price, even before the craziness.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Word of caution: the website says your card will not be charged but mine was immediately charged according to my bank statement online.

Charged or a hold put on the funds (pending charge)? To not put any hold on it at all would require them to either store your credit card info OR to call you for it again prior to shipping.

Pending charges is a very common practice, especially for Internet purchases.

Small's

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    south of Indy
    Metal mags

They also have a backorder on some $89 "10 pack" nice looking metal mags with ss springs and magpul anti-tilt follower. Almost ordered some last week when they had them in stock and i got lazy and forgot about it. I have pmags and love
    Them but does anybody wonder about the plastic in 10-30 years. Alot of plastic gets hard and brittle with time. Im debating on how many of each to backorder. Guess i better get it done here soon.

Mace010

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    East Central
    Ordered mine, we shall see how long it takes to arrive. As for the mag getting brittle, I don't see much difference between it and the polymers used in a lot of modern firearms and haven't seen many issues on that with them. Have been wrong before though.

Top Bottom