• ...and so much more!
  • jh101

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 5, 2014
    Carmel
    Bought one at Castleton this evening. One of the guys said they have quite a few left. I think he said 20 or so left.

The 22 LR was well stocked - all kinds of CCI (Stingers, 300 count Choot 'em packs, etc.) and lots of Remington 525 packs.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Was a good price. My next 10/22 will say KIDD all over it and have a rear tang on the rcvr. I'm done fooling around trying to fix Rugers manufacturing tolerances to get one too shoot and feel like I want it to, just to have to sell it in pieces to recoup a semi-reasonable portion of the invested $ when I'm done with it.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Getting the works done at CPC will get you 99% of the accuracy. But man are those KIDD rifles works of art.

Just picked up a 10/22 from Rural King. Ruger has some sloppy manufacturing on those. The crown on all of the ones I inspected (5) had scratches. It'll be going to CPC for re-crown, re-chamber, V-block removal modification, pinned and worked bolt, and a trigger job. I'll also drop in a KIDD charging handle kit, extractor, and auto bolt release. Then I'll make some brass pillars and glass bed the stock properly. Basically, it takes $300 extra to get them running super nice. I'll have $235+$300=$535 in the gun. The KIDD guns start around $900 and man are they nice. If I had spare cash, I'd definitely have one. But I can't personally justify the difference since I'd rather put the difference towards a CZ handgun, revolver, center fire bolt gun, another AR build, or optics.

Was a good price. My next 10/22 will say KIDD all over it and have a rear tang on the rcvr. I'm done fooling around trying to fix Rugers manufacturing tolerances to get one too shoot and feel like I want it to, just to have to sell it in pieces to recoup a semi-reasonable portion of the invested $ when I'm done with it.

Top Bottom