• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2500ekW

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Oct 17, 2010
    Zionsville
    I've been looking for a new 10/22 for a while to build into an accurate project gun, but the prices are stupid high right now and they are hard to find. So, I picked up a used one yesterday for about half what the new ones are going for.

Last night I noticed it is one of the "200th year of American Liberty" ones from 1976 and want to leave it looking as stock as possible.

The question is, for a 10/22 with unknown rounds down the barrel, what parts should I swap out for accuracy while still keeping it looking stock?

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    A Volquartsen trigger group is a drop in. It would ne a simple non invasive and undoable in less 5 minutes, JMHO.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    As stated above, get a drop in sear/hammer kit. While ordering that, buy a new aftermarket extractor since the rifle is as old as it is.

Buy a take-off barrel with no rounds through it. They aren't hard to find normally.

Chamfer the bolt and do the bolt release mod. Neither will do anything for accuracy, but the bolt will pull back easier and the bolt release mod is very convenient.

You stated you want to keep it stock looking, but tech sights will make that rifle really nice to shoot.

Top Bottom