• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    I figured carry issues was the place to put this, since that is what it concerns. We were discussing our next essay, which is to be a persuasive essay, and my teacher brings up the example of gun control, and asks for what information may be used to argue FOR gun control. Of course, most of us knew news stories, a few figures, etc., that made her happy. The whole time I am thinking that she is going to go liberal on us, because I have noticed some left leaning views, and behold, SHE IS FIRMLY FOR THE 2A. She even told the class that she is a lifetime LTCH holder, and the only time she does not carry a pistol is when she is in the classroom. She just got more respect from me today.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Clearly this was supposed to be in purple, because college professors are all gun-hating liberals!!......good for her. and you!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Where do you attend college?

I figured carry issues was the place to put this, since that is what it concerns. We were discussing our next essay, which is to be a persuasive essay, and my teacher brings up the example of gun control, and asks for what information may be used to argue FOR gun control. Of course, most of us knew news stories, a few figures, etc., that made her happy. The whole time I am thinking that she is going to go liberal on us, because I have noticed some left leaning views, and behold, SHE IS FIRMLY FOR THE 2A. She even told the class that she is a lifetime LTCH holder, and the only time she does not carry a pistol is when she is in the classroom. She just got more respect from me today.

ejm874

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2009
    NWI/Indy
    I'm as glad to hear about this as I am surprised. Even more suprised she would openly state that if for no other reason than the potential for being shunned by her colleagues for her "absurd" views. I had one professor who was retired FBI and took me to ILEA to shoot with him and some current agents a few years back, I had a blast. As far as I know he was the only professor I had during my 4 years who supported the 2A.

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    I split, my degree classes are in Lafayette, my general courses are in Bloomington.
    I am really glad to have a Professor that is concious about her environment, and the need to defend yourself, especially with all the shootings in Bloomington the last few weeks. Maybe a few more will wake up.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I split, my degree classes are in Lafayette, my general courses are in Bloomington.
    I am really glad to have a Professor that is concious about her environment, and the need to defend yourself, especially with all the shootings in Bloomington the last few weeks. Maybe a few more will wake up.
    I'd demand my money back for those classes. She is obviously a fake prof.

gunrunner0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Goshen
    I think you would be surprised at the number of Purdue proffessor'sthat own guns and hunt. I know of at least 6. I had a a history class Spring semester of last year in which I built a black powder swivel gun and made my own black powder for it, as a final project. The professor was quite helpful in the project and gave me an A on it. So there is still some hope for college professors.

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    In my major, most of my Professors are active or retired LE, to say it is Pro 2A is an understatement; however due to school rules and equal respect for the law, even the ones we don't agree with, nobody carries.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Purdue and IU, or Ivy Tech? Or all three?

quicksdraw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Eastern In.
    I work at one of our local institutions of higher learning and know of at least half a dozen profs (and even more staffers) that have their license to carry, so far. And as I continue to discuss 2nd amendment rights with others (and take them to the range when I can), I expect that number to grow. Of course, Ivy Tech does tend to lean a bit more to the conservative than most.

Top Bottom