• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I want to preface this by saying that LAPG did eventually deliver.

If you've ever tried to buy a Tactical BOB from LAPG, you know that they run sales on them on a regular basis. They also have a horrible time keeping the OD green bags in stock. It tends to be popular.

I bought a black one a couple of years ago and have been using it as a range bag. I got it on sale, although I missed the one where they were ten bucks. Still, I had wanted an OD green one and since I really liked the one I had, I figured I'd keep an eye out for another great sale.

Last year during the holiday season I noticed that they had a good sale (not as good as I'd seen before, but not bad) and I noticed that they had the OD green in stock. I mentioned to Sockmonkey that if anyone wanted another gift idea, this would be good, but they'd have to hit it quick as the sale was going away.

Her parents thought that would be ok, so they purchased the bag for me as a gift. It should have been available in time for Christmas, but they got notice late that it wasn't going to be. No problem, we've had back-ordered gifts before. LAPG gave a date for January.

Then they got a message that it would be February. Then, LAPG sent out a chart of back-ordered items and the OD BOB was now not going to be available for a couple of more months. I put a message up on LAPG's Facebook page and they told me to have my in-laws contact them. I did, and they got a message back that said that LAPG was apologetic, that they were having supply issues and were going to be switching suppliers. Because they'd gotten the bag on sale, LAPG offered free shipping.

The projected date came and went, and it wasn't until a short time later that my in-laws got another e-mail that basically stated that they'd get it whenever LAPG had them. I had been a part of the communication (my in-laws forwarded me all the e-mails) and the last was was rather curt towards the customers they'd been stringing along for now almost six months. The bag finally came in the last couple of weeks. Thankfully, LAPG didn't charge them until the bag shipped.

LAPG lost a customer in my in-laws. They told me that if I ever want something from LAPG again, they'll just give me the money. I still like the bag, and I understand supply issues, but six months is annoying, among a whole pile of other adjectives that I'm not going to type on this forum. What bothers me is that they'd show in stock on the website, have a huge sale, and not have the supply issue taken care of before the holiday season, and not six months later.

I'm going to have to consider seriously before I purchase from them again.

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    I have ordered a lot from LAPG on many occasions. The only time I had any issues with them was when I bought a couple of their BOB's when they were on sale. It took about 2 months to get my OD one in, but I expected that since they showed it as backordered when I placed mine. It sucks that this is the case for you too. I can honestly say that everything else has always been perfect from them. I will continue to order from them, I just won't hold my breath on BOB's unless it is in black.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I don't doubt that everything else is fantastic from them.

I hope that when they switched suppliers that they fixed the problem. I wasn't all that concerned with the delay as I've known that they have such a huge run on the OD green ones, especially when they're on sale.

Six months, however, just seems like they couldn't get it fixed. It all rolls down hill when manufacturers can't deliver.

Top Bottom