• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    I've never really been a big knife guy, but Im starting to try to learn more about them. Some of the brands Im looking into are:
    ESEE and Bark River for now-not to say more will not follow, however found this little field test on the ESEE Candiru and found it interesting.

In the video he made mention to the DMT sharpener! Did not even know these things exist...a great way to always have a sharpener on you at all times!
    Here is a link to the sharpeners as well:
    Dia-Sharp® Models | DMT® - Diamond Machining Technology

For the size of the Candiru, even though small...it looks like it would come in handy and seems very durable to take on the task at hand.

[ame]http://youtu.be/L58GMIDDxpE[/ame]

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    I had no doubt it would be a solid little blade. I just don't see it filling a role the izula or izula 2 can't handle, unless you live in chicago or something. not a bad video but he was definitely doing some stuff I wouldn't recommend in a survival situation lol. like cutting towards yourself so much. he did a few things that could have definitely turned a survival situation into a your screwed situation quick.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I decided to pick up one of my own in Desert Tan and added the ESEE Orange G-10 handles. I actually really like the sheath as I feel the knife stays in there nicely on my belt, especially with the G-10 grips.

Candiru:
    CandiruinSheath.jpg

CandiruRight.jpg

Compared to my ZT0350 EDC:
    CandiruVersusZT0350.jpg

As compared to the Izula, RAT-3, and RTAK II:
    CandiruIzulaRat3RTAKII.jpg

I think it's cool that it can ride piggy back style on the RTAK II stock sheath...

CandiruPiggyBackonRTAKIISheath.jpg

CandiruinRTAKIISheath.jpg

Although I haven't worked it hard yet, I love the size and the way it feels in my hand. I think it's perfect for small jobs and could stand up to a lot of punishment as per the OP's review and video...

:yesway:

Top Bottom