• ...and so much more!
  • 42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    so im in the very early planning stages of another ingo shoot. i hosted a long range rimfire last year and had a blast so im going to have another shoot. i talked to fenway and got the go ahead so lets start planning.

this shoot wont be for awhile. due to harvest and hunting season im thinking early-mid march. im thinking a 3 gun shoot would be fun this year. the 3 guns would be long range rifle, long range rimfire, pistol. ill set up bobcat steel targets at various ranges. probably 7ish diffrent size targets for pistol @ 15ish yds, then a few targets @ 200yds for the rimfire. then a few @550-600 yds for rifle. it will be timed. all shots taken from the same 10 square foot area. basically shoot any order of targets you want but you have to hit all the targets before your time is stopped. fastest time wins. also this will be a precision shoot so add 5 seconds for every miss. this will defintally be challenging (not impossible) since some of the pistol targets will be 1 inch wide and 5 inches long (windchimes) i figure 2 inch and a 4 inch and a 6 inch for the rimfire and 6 8 10 for the 600 yd targets.

all this followed by a free for all shoot. there will be plenty of steel there and if you think you have a gun that will hurt it id love to see you try so bring whatever you want within reason. full auto is ok as long as its suppressed. if you have a out of the ordinarry gun you can pm me to make sure its ok but i doubt there will be any problems.

basically this is a info gathering thread. i want to here what you folks want to shoot. i figure ill cap it at 25ish members. ill shoot the cource and get a idea of how long it will take (:rockwoot:home field advantage) and get a better number then.

also dont pm me now and say you want on the list. ill bump this thread a few days before i open it up for registration and give the date of the shoot then.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    if thats semi auto or suppressed bring it out. ok dont veryify guns now we will wait till closer to time to shoot.

also on the long range rimfire shoot last year there was some bickering about that being a "elite ingo member" shoot. it got under my skin pretty quick. at that shoot i had met 2 of the shooters a few days prior to the shoot (militarypol and allenm) and i knew indygunworks. besides that i didn't know anyone so that was obviously not the case. anyways lets try to avoid all that

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Put me on the list. I "will" have a new long distance rifle by the end of this year. This is just one more motivator to decide on exactly what I really want in my new rifle.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I'd LOVE to go. I'll have to talk to my rocket scientist of a spotter too.

I don't know if I'd have anything that could shoot that far but I'll scrounge up something I'm sure:D

If you want to keep it clear for new people to get in I'd understand BUT, the most fun I had was getting ready for your last long range shoot in the snow, ice, sleet, and rain. Just so we could "really get the feel" of shooting in the elements.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I think your setup sounds awesome. I am going to build a liberty rifle 10/22 this winter that will serve as my rimfire, otherwise I think I'm covered. This kind of sounds like it is to rifle shooting what USPSA is to pistols. Make it a fun competition rather than just standing still and shooting at circles.
    I have a full USPSA size bobcat steel silhouette that has not been shot yet I would be glad to bring. Like you alluded to, unless somebody brings an Abrams tank they are not going to hurt it.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I want to shoot in a 3 gun event, I'd have to figure out what to do for a rimfire... maybe the wife would let me use her marlin... would the shotgun portion be pump/semi or either?

sounds like a ton of fun! (and if I'm there I HOPE it's snowy!!"

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I want to shoot in a 3 gun event, I'd have to figure out what to do for a rimfire... maybe the wife would let me use her marlin... would the shotgun portion be pump/semi or either?

sounds like a ton of fun! (and if I'm there I HOPE it's snowy!!"

no shotgun the 3 guns are pistol, rimfire, long range rifle. im glad everyone likes the format, and tweeks you folks can think of

Top Bottom