• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Checkfoo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 8, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The experience I have had with CCR is probably the worst I have ever had with any aftermarket firearm company.

Three months ago I sent CCR some Glock 19 and Diamondback DB9 internal parts to have coated with their CPII Nickel Boron finish. Before I sent my parts I inquired about turnaround time. I was told it would take about two weeks. Good, I would have my parts back before my first of the month pistol match.............5 Weeks later I get a package in the mail. This is after I had called 5 times requesting an update, to make sure my parts were either in their possession or enroute. For the first 4 calls I left messages that went unanswered. I was able to make warm body contact on the 5th call and was assured my parts were on the way.

I receive my parts back and proceed to install and function check. I ran about 200 rounds through each gun and field striped to clean. As I checked over the newly coated parts I notice that every single one of them was chipping and pealing.

All while this is going on I am still waiting to be charged by CCR for the work. The same night that I find the finish defects I noticed on my online bank statement that I had been double charged for the refinishing. AWESOME!!!

Next day I make a phone call to their customer service lady and let her know what happened. She tells me to box it all up and send it back and that she will begin the refund process for the double charge. I inquired what the issue was with the finish and she relayed to me that, "The techs didn't use the correct formula for hardened steel." Okay, so there are different formulas for different kinds of steel and metals. Great, I'll I'll send it back and get it fixed. Since they kind of screwed it up they will probably stick to a deadline this time and get my parts back in time for my next first of the month pistol match.

Not so much, they have had my parts now for over a month this time. This is after being assured that I would have my them back before the 7th of July, 3 weeks from me sending them back. So instead of shooting today I am typing this review. I talked to CCR customer service last night just to confirm that they had blown their GUARANTEED delivery date AGAIN and that I wouldn't have some early morning Saturday package arriving.

I haven't given the CCR customer service rep much attitude and she has been real cordial. So, she gets some props. I know it has to suck when someone is telling you your companies product doesn't work and their word means zilch. Though, the whole not answering messages for the first 4 weeks still kind of irks me. The refund recently cleared. It took over a month so I guess it's good that I didn't get a time guarantee on that.

Overall I would not recommended CCR for anything. I'm left wishing I would of spent the extra money and gone with the Nickel Boron finishing from WMD or FailZero.

Last edited:

avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    This bites. I'm unsure of what handgun it'll be that I get it on, but I was looking @ them for CPII on my next.

I've already owned a WMDGuns exclusive Glock 23 Gen4 that I do in fact miss now, think maybe I'll just stick to their work. Albeit it wasn't perfect on the top of the slide, the inside was flawless and had zero wear.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    I used CCR once. (read about it here) Short version, horrible experience. They seem to have real problems with keeping the time frames they promise.

Right now I've got Shadow #2 at WMD.

Checkfoo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 8, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Got my parts in the mail today. I had asked CCR for signature on delivery. I found them sitting on my front step....guess I should just be glad there are here. I open the box and am pleased to see that all the refinished parts look great, with a slightly darker coating of CPII than before. I was so happy to have my stuff back that I almost overlooked the fact that they shorted me a DB9 magazine. I had sent it in, with the 2nd shipment, to be redone in flat black Cerahyde. I called back to the customer service lady and give her my ID info, we are very familiar with each other by now, and she says that without a doubt that my parts should of arrived. I confirm it and tell her about the magazine. She says she'll call me back. 10 minutes later shes telling me that the the techs didn't want to hold up my stuff any longer so they broke the order up and are doing the magazine separately. No ETA on the magazine BTW, but she did say it was going to be on the house for the troubles. While a nice gesture, I had to force myself not to offer paying double the price in order to get it back within a month.

So even though the meal is free it's still a SH$t Sandwich. I'll let you know when my magazine finds its way back into my possession.

KillStick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Anderson
    I have seen nothing but bad reviews about these guys, I have learned to stay away and only trust Chris Peters at Metaloy Industires. He did some parts for me and Hardchromed a 1911, did a great job. Sorry about your troubles, it sucks when you pay for a gun, decide to do something extra with it and the company puts you on the back burner.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    It's really too bad. I had a good experience with them twice; but it seems like I may have been in the minority, at least amongst INGO folks. I hope your mag makes it to you expeditiously, and that it is correct when it arrives, Checkfoo.

ccr refinishing

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2010
    Checkfoo
    When we talked this morning you were told that the mag was being done on the house and so was the shipping. You were also told that it would be home this week because we did not want to hold your parts up. We do not have customer service reps and techs we are a small family owned company with just three of us

I am amazed that you can be so nice on the phone and seemed to accept my apology and claimed to understand the delay yet you come here just to try to hurt our company I will post the USPS tracking on your mag here so there is no question.

Last edited:

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    It amazes me that ^ is all you have to say after screwing up this guys order SOOO BADLY?

His entire order should have been on the house.... :dunno:

You should be applauding him for being so damned nice on the phone. Should this have happened to me, the word "nice" wouldn't be spewing out of your mouth right now.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    This is the internet age, before if you did a bad job a guy would tell his friends. Now he can tell the whole world in about 5 minutes.

Step up and do the right thing or be burned. I know for darn sure if I promise a 2 week ship date and my customer doesnt his order within a month he is most likely not going to order from me again. God forbid if I blow my ship date and sent him junk too. I am done with that customer and rightfully so.

You are doing no favors for your business imo with your response.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN

Ill have some of that. I have taken my licks on this board, but I owned them and made them right.

I would like to hear from CCR why they come on here to defend themselves and not acknowledge the fact that you can find them blowing their promised timelines ALL OVER the internet.

Checkfoo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 8, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Checkfoo
    When we talked this morning you were told that the mag was being done on the house and so was the shipping. You were also told that it would be home this week because we did not want to hold your parts up. We do not have customer service reps and techs we are a small family owned company with just three of us

I am amazed that you can be so nice on the phone and seemed to accept my apology and claimed to understand the delay yet you come here just to try to hurt our company I will post the USPS tracking on your mag here so there is no question.

To be honest I feel my overall review is honest. Customer Service over the phone +1, Product -1/+1, Timeline -1. In your favor the title should probably loose the -1 since the pros and cons are evened out now. Sorry, if I seemed too nice over the phone, but I don't think I'm being two-faced here. I do understand the reason for the split shipping and I think I stated that pretty plainly in my previous post...I appreciate the on the house deal. The issues I have expressed on this website have to do mainly with the shipping timeline and requests. I know our conversations over the phone were informal, but I did get a little frustrated when the parts showed up about 2-3 weeks after originally expected and without signature service. I haven't run the final product yet, but that review will be posted on here also. I was going to kind of condense everything in an email and send it off to you guys after I got my magazine back, but I guess this is the slightly more awkward version of that.

Checkfoo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 8, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    After I posted the above my, more socially conscious, wife did mention that I was actually being pretty two-faced about this. I should of voiced my concerns over the phone instead of just giving "yeah sure, no problem, I understand" lip service. If I thought I had resolved an issue with a friend to their face and then found out they were talking sh#t to a bunch of other people, I would be pretty miffed.

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    I don't think it's being two-faced. They blew the timelines and you were irritated about it. I work in retail and I'll be the first to tell you that if we goofed something up, I always appreciate not being yelled at. I also understand if that person wants to give an honest opinion of the situation to our guest relations.

Were you supposed to be completely okay since they did it on the house? They still didn't follow up on their promises. You can't run a business by always needing to do stuff to make up for poor service.

CCR, if you're a small company, then be realistic and extend your timelines.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Like rockhopper46038 I have had good experiences with CCR and have always recommended them. Perhaps they are becoming overwhelmed with orders, I dont know. I do know that this is the second time I have seen an INGO member have a problem with CCR. I really hope that this gets resolved to Checkfoo's satisfaction. I know from Rob377's thread things never got worked out for him. I'm seriously disappointed. After years of doing business with CCR to start hearing of dissatisfied customers rocks my faith in them.

I empathize with those that have had problems sending away for work. About 10 years ago I used a different company for refinishing and the work was sub par. I had to send part of my order back to be redone. It was done correctly the second time but its a pain and you dont want to go though that more than once. That was when I switched to CCR.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    I have sent a couple of emails to CCR w/ pics of a frame. No response. After calling multiple times, I left a message. I received an email 5mins with a follow-up on my question. I responded with another question, but have yet to receive a response(that was 2 months ago). I decided not to even pursue it. If CCR is so overwhelmed with work, then maybe a couple more employees should be hired for the work load and/or with customer service. Just a thought.

Top Bottom