• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Its all still on the internet, paid for it, Im just waiting for the internet to ship it to me... lol

PSA has deals you cant pass up sometimes.

Like this lower I bought:
    kpc_5545.jpg

PSA AR-15 Complete Blem Lower Magpul MOE Edition - Flat Dark Earth, No Magazine - Receivers - Firearms
    Paid $180 something out the door

The upper is kinda one of those "bought it cuz its what I can afford and dont want to wait". There arent alot of reviews on them, which might be an indicator that theyre JUST good, considering most people are much more likely to voice their opinion when theyre pissed about something, or happy about something, and tend to remain quiet when theyre content. We will see.
    45240_1.jpg

PTAC 16" 5.56mm 1:7 Carbine Length M4 Profile - w/ BCG & Charging Handle
    Paid $304 out the door.

My first AR, I wanted to start cheap. Im happy with the lower, I hear nothing but good things about PSA brand. The upper will do for now. I really want a 5.45x39, thats down the road.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Switch out that forend for a Magpul in DE and you have a nice AR. I've heard the PTAC barrels are a bit rough. Please give us a report on the barrel when you receive it.

Leadkrm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I got a s&w mp15 sport and I still use it a lot. It's a great gun. Never had a misfeed or any malfunction actually. I was thinking about getting another one soon since most people I've seen lately are wanting more for a used one than i could get a new one for. Marker prices seem to be going down from what I've seen.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Switch out that forend for a Magpul in DE and you have a nice AR. I've heard the PTAC barrels are a bit rough. Please give us a report on the barrel when you receive it.

The new forend is def on the list. I plan on working on that barrel abit to make sure its spotless. Its not chrome lined but some would call that plus. Im a gun clean freak so I doubt there will be any issues. As far as the upper goes it seems like it might not be too bad, its got a 5.56 chamber, its 1n7, m4 feedramps, carpenter 158 bolt, it says: Upper is expected to group per the mil-spec 4-6 MOA.

I didnt know there was a rifle milspec on MOA, and if so, Id think its prob more like 2-3moa but what do I know?

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    The issue I've read with PTAC barrels is that the final lapping is not completed. I've seen pics, but my view is that shooting it a bit will clean up the barrel.

Accuracy….it's anyone's guess. I hardly ever believe any reports on the internet….especially all of the sub-moa guys. Too many variables come into play. In your case, try some different brands and bullet weights and see what your firearm is capable of.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    Any sort of quality RDS or magnified optic, along with a good trigger will significantly improve accuracy. With irons and the PSA mil-spec trigger, 4-6 MOA seems very achievable.

Personally I have seen the PTAC lpk's and they are dry as dust and typically have rusty spots here and there. PSA lpk's come oiled and I have yet to see any rust. The PTAC bcg my father bought was also very dry but not a spot of rust. He thoroughly lubed the bcg and it ran smooth.

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    PSA AR-15 Complete Blem Lower Magpul MOE Edition - Flat Dark Earth, No Magazine - Receivers - Firearms
    Paid $180 something out the door

The upper is kinda one of those "bought it cuz its what I can afford and dont want to wait". There arent alot of reviews on them, which might be an indicator that theyre JUST good, considering most people are much more likely to voice their opinion when theyre pissed about something, or happy about something, and tend to remain quiet when theyre content. We will see.
    45240_1.jpg

PTAC 16" 5.56mm 1:7 Carbine Length M4 Profile - w/ BCG & Charging Handle
    Paid $304 out the door.

My first AR, I wanted to start cheap. Im happy with the lower, I hear nothing but good things about PSA brand. The upper will do for now. I really want a 5.45x39, thats down the road.

You may want to inspect the bore. There is a few locked threads on ARFCOM regarding the condition of the Ptac barreled uppers in 1/7 twist. Here's just one of,at least 4 that I found.
    Palmetto State Armory what do you have to say? Concerning SOME PTAC barrels - AR15.COM

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    This is not aimed at anyone in particular.

Im a firm believer in you get what you pay for. If you wanted a tack driver, you should have spent more money, and stop *****ing about something you knew what you were getting into.

Im looking for a 50 yard shooter, maybe 100 once and a while. If I wanted pinpoint accuracy, I would use my savage.

Its my biggest beef with some people. They tout their expensive things and then trash all the mid range and low level stuff because its nowhere near as good, well I wonder why? Anyone who can not see the usefulness in a product that works, but is cheaper made to reflect a lower income customer, has lived a very good life, and needs to have a discussion with the man in the mirror.

Leadkrm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I'll probably catch flak for this but I'm about to try out an ati ar. I've heard good things and I can get one for 520 out the door. I'm not at all against cheap guns. Because cheap price doesn't always reflect quality exactly. I own an iac hawk 982 that people rag on for being cheap. But guess what? It's all machined steel very nice and not a single malfunction out of it after over 500 shells. It was 190 out the door and shoots all day. Nothing wrong with my 190 dollar shot gun

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I've got the 1/7 chrome lined upper on order with PSA. I've always heard pretty good stuff about em. For what I want, short range rifle, RDS, or maybe just irons for a while, it'll be fine. I have 2 other ar projects sitting around and i just wanted another decent functioning rifle in the safe. Couldn't agree more about people who trash anything that isn't top tier. I bought (and sold) a DSA upper that was stupid cheap a few years back and it shot great! Though I probably won't own another DSA AR, I liked it and It was as accurate as I required. First experience with PSA, hope its a good one for both of us!

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Well, just accept the fact that its gonna take ahwile to get it, and they arent gonna email you. That seems to be par for the course at PSA. I think they got one guy doing the online thing..

dhamby

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Crawfordsville area
    Well, just accept the fact that its gonna take ahwile to get it, and they arent gonna email you. That seems to be par for the course at PSA. I think they got one guy doing the online thing..

No joke, I am at almost 2 weeks for a blem stripped upper and a bolt carrier group. This is my first experience with them and am not very pleased with their shipping times. I have placed orders with other companies since then and have since received those parts. This is really holding up my build.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Patience, grasshopper. I've never failed to receive a delivery from PSA. Every package was properly padded and sealed.

Can you imagine the number of people who placed orders over the holidays?

If you need a blem stripped upper today, call me. I've got 2 sitting in the closet and will swap you out or sell for cost.

317-640-01seven two

dhamby

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Crawfordsville area
    Patience, grasshopper. I've never failed to receive a delivery from PSA. Every package was properly padded and sealed.

Can you imagine the number of people who placed orders over the holidays?

If you need a blem stripped upper today, call me. I've got 2 sitting in the closet and will swap you out or sell for cost.

317-640-01seven two

Thank you for your offer. I will however continue to wait. The wait times on receivers would be nice if they were stated either in the description or when placing your order, I had to call to find that out. It is also the fact that they are shipping orders placed days after mine. I understand people make mistakes and I have been pleasant with their customer service reps that I have spoken to.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    I would have waited for a good PSA upper than the PTAC, but nice rifle for a low price.

Thought about it, but cheapest Ive seen one in the last several months was 399 without BCG or charging handle. Gonna have another 100 in those, so I saved 210$, and for now, thats fine with me. I will upgrade the upper eventually.

Top Bottom