• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Ok guys, you asked for another one and my manager said we should have you come to the Cedar Lake lounge, so we set a date and here it is. You have almost a full month to plan what you are going to carry to this one.

While this is being billed as an OPEN CARRY night, there is no obligation to OC. Feel free if you want, or carry concealed, or just come for the cigars.

These are public events so while I am inviting INGO members, there will be others attending as well. Last event ended up getting us a new INGO member who signed up and began posting a couple days after the event.

1cigarnightcedarlake.jpg

The lounge is located about on highway US 41 (west side of the street) at 13202 Wicker Ave. We are 1 block north of the stoplight. Cedar Lake is located approximately 5 miles south of the intersection of US 30 and US 41 in LAKE COUNTY, IN.

Picture8-1.png

:ingo:

tem375

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 3, 2010
    I will be there as well.

BTW- Thanks for the cigar recomendation on Friday, that was an amazing cigar.

tem375

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 3, 2010
    Lookign forward to it, hell I even am picking up a 1911 so that I don't have top be the Glock guy. LOL

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    It's limited division, not class. Equipment puts you in a division, skill in a class.

I was just planning on bringing a normal 1911.

I could bring my 2011 if you guys want to see it, though.

The Ghost would be a poor choice for carry, though :)

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Shooting team................ do tell, do tell!
    I would be up for that

Well probably pretty informal, not pro-circuit level. We'd supply T-Shirts and Cigars and probably join up at the North Porter County Conservation Club to sponsor a match or two. You supply your own ammo/guns/everything else. Not sure how we'd select the 'team' but I suspect it would be based on who fits into the shirts and limited to the number of shirts I have made.

Of course, I want an image of a Detonics Combat Master worked into the Team's logo ;)

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    If you want to sponsor a match, contact Jake Martens and sponsor the Indiana Sectional. It just got postponed until next month.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    If you want to sponsor a match, contact Jake Martens and sponsor the Indiana Sectional. It just got postponed until next month.

NOPE, that is too far away. If I sponsor anything it will be up here in Northwest Indiana, so that would probably limit it to an event at Porter County. Ditto the shooters, they would be locals and cigar smokers. Makes no sense for me to spend money in a part of the state that has never seen one of my businesses, nor would I want to spend money on shooters who don't sit around on cigar nights and regale the other smokers with their stories of victory (or in the case of Juan, stories of hitting the hill behind the target :laugh:).

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    There's really nothing to sponsor at a Level I match, and no exposure. You have to sponsor big matches that draw the big shooters to get any sort of exposure. Local matches don't have sponsors and are much more informal, mostly because they are essentially practice for major tournaments where big prizes, big sponsorship, and big money are the norm.

Porter County will never be the site of a major match unless it builds more bays. It has only four bays, which limits the number of stages. Big matches are at least 8, usually at least 10, and sometimes more than that. It's a nice place, but not suitable for major tournaments.

Warsaw Rifle and Pistol hosts a Level II match every year. Maybe you could look into sponsoring that.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Tim, I think you misunderstand why I would sponsor a match. I would not do it for wide exposure. My cigar lounges are my hobby that I opened up as I retired. I'm not looking to grow or expand but rather to find people that I enjoy smoking a cigar with. That means I need to support the local matches and local shooters because the odds of a distant resident sitting down and smoking in the lounge is somewhere near zero. On the other hand many of the people who attend the cigar nights come into the lounge and I sit and smoke with them, shoot the bull, and have a nice time.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    That's perfectly fine. It just seems to me that you'd want to maximize the effectiveness of whatever investment you should choose to make.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom