Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

Jwmeador

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Franklin
    My Glock 19 shoots fine. I'm just looking for spare parts. I heard the new extractors are MIM. I also heard The old non loaded chamber indicator extracts are also forged tool steel which would also be a plus. The Gen4 Glocks are notorious for brass to face and the old Glocks that used the ols style extracors never had this issue. I did some research on the subject and more then a few people said they have fixed the problem with old style extractors without the load chamber indicator notch. I was just asking becasue i really didn't want to order a few old style extractors as spares and find the sources i heard from on how to fix the brass to face issue was full of crap.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I've seen a couple that tossed brass where they shouldn't and managed to repair them. It took a little tinkering but I have seen any recently so I assume that Glock has the problem sorted out. Apex makes extractors for Glocks that are supposed to work very well and I"ve yet to see anything Apex makes that wasn't first rate. I've done a lot of work on Glocks and I've only changed 1 extractor. I believe that damaged extractor was caused by dropping a round into the chamber and letting the slide go into battery repeatedly. Get a couple of Glock factory spares from someone like Midway and install them to make sure they work and if they don't return them, that would be my fix in your situation if you're concerned about having spares.

[FONT=&amp] NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT]
    Glock certified armorer- M&P Certified armorer
    NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT]

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    Glock issued a new extractor that largely fixed the brass to the face issue.
    that's a old problem that's been solved for the most part.
    Contact a shop with a Glock Armorer, they can hook you up.

Jwmeador

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Franklin
    Glock issued a new extractor that largely fixed the brass to the face issue.
    that's a old problem that's been solved for the most part.
    Contact a shop with a Glock Armorer, they can hook you up.

Thank You for the info! I did not know that glock issued new extractors

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Thank You for the info! I did not know that glock issued new extractors

I wasn't aware of that either, but then I haven't researched the issue for some time. I put a Gen 4 ejector in my Gen 3 that was doing it at times, along with a different spring loaded bearing if I recall. I did not mess with the extractor.

At the time I was researching there were tons of opinions on the various forums (Glocktalk, etc), and it certainly did not seem to be singled down to one part. Some folks were able to replace the extractor, some put in the Apex extractor, others did the ejector (like I did), etc, and some did a combination.

I remember my brother in FL having the issue pretty bad with one of his Gen 3 19's and swapped quite a few parts, to get it to a semi acceptable state. His problematic gun would spray brass forward, sideways, and back to the face like a sprinkler. I can't remember exactly all the parts he swapped, but it was not a single component.

From digging up an old post ( https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/337047-glock-gen-4-a-3.html#post4964042 ), looks like the solution on that gun was "Put in a Gen 4 ejector, and an Apex extractor in that particular gun and changed out the spring loaded bearing, each one at a time and the accumulation of all that seems to have corrected that gun. I've seen it in person more with fairly recent Gen 3's. It is not always limp wristing. I'm a Glock advocate, but I have seen it and it is not always a shooter issue."

Jwmeador

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Franklin
    I wasn't aware of that either, but then I haven't researched the issue for some time. I put a Gen 4 ejector in my Gen 3 that was doing it at times, along with a different spring loaded bearing if I recall. I did not mess with the extractor.

At the time I was researching there were tons of opinions on the various forums (Glocktalk, etc), and it certainly did not seem to be singled down to one part. Some folks were able to replace the extractor, some put in the Apex extractor, others did the ejector (like I did), etc, and some did a combination.

I remember my brother in FL having the issue pretty bad with one of his Gen 3 19's and swapped quite a few parts, to get it to a semi acceptable state. His problematic gun would spray brass forward, sideways, and back to the face like a sprinkler. I can't remember exactly all the parts he swapped, but it was not a single component.

From digging up an old post ( https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/337047-glock-gen-4-a-3.html#post4964042 ), looks like the solution on that gun was "Put in a Gen 4 ejector, and an Apex extractor in that particular gun and changed out the spring loaded bearing, each one at a time and the accumulation of all that seems to have corrected that gun. I've seen it in person more with fairly recent Gen 3's. It is not always limp wristing. I'm a Glock advocate, but I have seen it and it is not always a shooter issue."
    This is what i thought. I guess ill just have to try to just put the spare extractors i got in the gun and see if they work. Thanks for the info though! Ill post as soon as i try to see if the old extractors create any issues. I have a brother in law that has a brand new nickel born glock gen4 that sends brace to face every shot. I'm glad mine does not do this. Im thinking about buying some parts or a series of parts to fix this for him for christmas

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I researched this also before I bought two new Gen 4's. From what I read it is an old problem that they worked out. Both guns are factory fresh with no problems. Sure there are some older stock guns around.

Glock should send you some parts or a shop could fix it for you. Not a deal breaker and should be a fairly easy fix.

Top Bottom