• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whiteoak

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2015
    In The Whiteoaks
    I am looking for a new IWB holster for a Kahr K9 and just looked at Alien Gear online and was thinking about giving them a try, anyone have any experience with one. Or is there a better option. Thanks...

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    To better answer your question, may I ask a few of you?

What is your build? (height, weight, waist size)

What do you normally wear or want to wear while using the holster?

What is your desired affect with the new holster?

These help us help you, since we're not all built the same...

whiteoak

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2015
    In The Whiteoaks
    I am 5-11 and 210lbs Looking for a good holster with jeans. I have some room in most of them for my current IWB a Bianchi Summer Special. but want to try one of the kydex holsters with this gun.

TheJuggernaut

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    You might check out the N82 Tactical Holsters too for IWB. I saw them at the NRA Show and found them to be quite well made and comfortable. In fact I am getting ready to buy one myself online.

N82 Tactical

Ahburns

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    West Lafayette
    I am exactly the same size and I carry a g26 in a Galco King Tuck, which is very similar to the Alien Gear. Works well with Jeans and basically any shirt. The hybrid leather/neoprene and Kydex type holster is by far the most comfortable IWB style I have tried.

whiteoak

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2015
    In The Whiteoaks
    I am exactly the same size and I carry a g26 in a Galco King Tuck, which is very similar to the Alien Gear. Works well with Jeans and basically any shirt. The hybrid leather/neoprene and Kydex type holster is by far the most comfortable IWB style I have tried.

Thanks Ahburns I want something more secure then my worn leather open top holster and thinking something like this will spread out the weight better and add a lot of retention. Galco king tuck is on my list also but thought I might try a cheaper option out first.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Search the site for Alien Gear. There are lots of previous threads about them.

Also look at old threads in the Accessories and Gear subforum.

Ahburns

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    West Lafayette
    The kingtuck leather portion is very wide and distributes the weight better than even an OWB holster. When the gun is in the holster, the holster is inside your pants, and secured with nice thick belt the gun is very secure. Almost as secure as an all kydex friction holster, but much more comfortable. The leather presses against your body and in turn against the gun. You could hang upside-down and not worry about it coming out.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I have had an Alien Gear for my Sig P290RS. Very comfortable and they will swap shells if you get a new pistol.
    Might I also suggest the Desantis Intruder? Vey comfortable and won't break the bank.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I carried an Alien Gear for 2 years and really liked it. It was the original style, not the 2.0 or 3.0. I have worked on my truck, gardened, played basketball, carried to church, to work, and all kinds of things with mine, and barely knew it was there. Very comfortable. The problem I had, and this may have been fixed by the 3.0, is that once you remove the pistol, the leather collapses out. Not a big deal, except reholstering with a striker pistol is a bit sketchy. You have to push the leather back with your muzzle, in essence, and that is an unnecessary risk to take. I will add, that this is after 2 years of 7 day a week carry, and a lot of sweat. Also, they do have a really good warranty, so I could probably just get a new leather back for free and be gtg. I decided to have INGO member Hpclayto make me an all kydex rig. I haven't carried it IWB yet, but I will. I'm liking it OWB, so far, this thing is really nice.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    The Cloak Tuck 2.0 is incredibly comfortable, IMHO. I also have a CloakSlide, but haven't tried it yet. (It has a Ruger SR45 shell, and that pistol hasn't arrived yet.)

The deal you get on two holsters is really good, and AlienGear lets you swap out shells for life - so if you ever change your carry pistol, just send in the old shell to have it replaced with the shell for your new pistol.

Markus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I have the Alien IWB (new model) for my Sig P229 and love it. One of the more comfortable holsters out there even when sitting.

Gunner72

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2014
    NE Indiana
    I have cloak tuck 2.0 for my compact Springfield and I love it. Daily carry and it is comfortable. Leather flaps over ,so reholster is little tricky. Might opt for the 3.0 supposed to have steel to hold it open.

ron8924

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    SouthWest IN
    I have been loving my Steathgear Onyx. the material is breathable unlike leather, and molds to your body instantly unlike leather which does not breath well, and takes some time to break in.

StealthGearUSA The most comfortable holsters and best EDC gear ever.

I have stealth gear oynx also.. it is very comfortable. I have not tried the alien gear, but from the research I done before getting my SG it all showed the SG was a more comfortable and better quality holster, the SG is about twice as much though. I am thinking about getting a AG just to compare.

Top Bottom