• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    Man this thing is sweet. I really wanted the combo set up but I have had no luck finding one anywhere. well I just happen to get lucky the other day and found a 22 mag version. I did some wheeling and dealing and scored this bad boy. I have to say first impressions I love it. 5 rounds of 22 mag is nothing to scoff at. yes I know it's no 10mm but I wouldn't want to take one in the chest. I love the fact it swings open vs the regular NAA's set up. Trigger is surprisingly nice on it and it's stupid light weight. I got a bunch of 22 mag ammo that I'm going to run through it tomorrow and see what I like best. I think I'll end up running some of the heavier weight bullets in it when I carry for personal protection. I have been watching some penetration videos on it and generally through 1 layer of denim and homemade ballistics gel most are getting 10-12 inches of penetration. I will be sending it off to NAA to get a 22lr cylinder made up for it. it seems very reasonably priced and well worth it.

I haven't shot it yet but I have dry fired it numerous times and I like it. It points very well. I'll take some pics and action videos tomorrow when I get to shoot it. For now you will have to settle on just regular table pictures.

Got around to shooting her this morning. a bit snappier than I thought and definitely loud. I still dig it though. at 7 yards it does very well. I could probably really push it to 15 but only in daylight. put about 100 rounds through it. definitely not a range gun but 30 or so rounds through it is pretty fun.

a few pics of it. my grouping with all different kinds of ammo. I personally liked the hornady critical defense 45 gr the best. they have just a touch more recoil but definitely appeared to do more damage on the watermelon.

it left some nice damage inside and tore pretty big holes. granted this is a watermelon but still I wouldn't want to be hit by one.

and a video for you folks who would rather watch lol

[video=youtube;3KQ1M3RulFM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KQ1M3RulFM&feature=youtu.be[/video]

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Nice score! I've never even seen one of these before with the swing out cylinder.

lilruckus

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Indy
    Nice review! I picked up a .22mag Sidewinder as well a few weeks ago. I wanted the conversion as well but they seem even harder to come by. I like the swing out cylinder and makes reloading a joy compared to the other NAA minis. I like how it shoots and is pretty snappy. I also have a NAA Pug and I usually carry it more since it has tritium XS sights and is tad bit shorter in length. I like the rubber grips on my Pug as well and will probably try a set on the Sidewinder. I find the wood grips a bit too slippery.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    I will be upgrading the grips as well and will be sending it off to get the 22lr combo. I think mine is the same size as the pug. I would like to see some better sights but for what it's designed to do they work well enough.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    nice review!!!!!.....i want one bad to go with the rest of my NAA's.....

105b2b6.jpg

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    Thanks for the post...I was unaware of this little revolver in the new style with the swing out cylinder. (Not to brag)...But I bet I have killed more ground hogs with one of these mini revolvers than anyone on this forum!! I worked on a large estate for quite a while that was owned by a lady that raised orchids. Groundhogs,possums often got into the greenhouses and wreaked havok. Enter "Dan the exterminator and his .22 mag NAA! I also had to crawl under a barn one time and finish off a coyote that had lost a leg to a trap. .22 Magnum works!

jaybird_123

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Just around the corner.
    Nice pocket gun. I have two NAA .22LR guns but the older type where the cylinder comes out to reload. Also have the one that goes in the belt buckle holster. They are well made guns. Nice vid also.

tiretrack

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 3, 2012
    our side o the wire
    Sweet little pistol, I sometimes carry my naa 22mag with the folding grips,in shorts or even a suit, kinda like carrying a knife. I like the hornady,s with the polymer tip. The swing out cylinder looks nice,maybe a next purchase. :D

Mitchell0481

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    Crown point
    Nice review. The video sure gives a good perspective to the size of the target you shot at. Good groups for such a small pistol. I am mad at you, because now I have to have one!! Gee, Thanks!!

Top Bottom