• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I have a MKII 10 inch target model. (Non 22/45) My question is if I can take my barrel and put it on a MKII 22/45 frame without any modifications. I know I would have to use the 22/45 mags.

I love the 10" barrel but I think I like the 1911 grip angle better.

Any ideas? Thanks

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    You should indeed be able to switch the uppers between lowers without any issue...other than the initial disassembly and subsequent reassembly.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Get a barrel upgrade for the 22/45 instead.

I believe the uppers will match between the two but I started with the mark II and that angle of grip I like. I see your underling question here. The switch is free.

I also understand the mark III for what is is and the grip angle change, I would just get used to the grip angle and spend money on that mark II with a trigger job instead. Some of the best money that can be spent on a mark II. It is still a mark II and they don't and will not be making these again.

The 10 inch is a nice "silly wet" gun but not a handy offhand gun in the mark II or the 22/45. I think you are wanting something along the lines of a target 22/45 for offhand shooting you are going to want something lighter. I think it is the pistol weight not the grip angle myself. Even my government 6 7/8 is a bit heavy but lighter than the 10 inch. I seem to have little trouble going back and forth between the 1911 and and markII but the Mark II was my very first pistol. It was not the other way around.

I think you can get a pac light in 6 inch and threaded for under 300. Now something along the lines of a clark barrel is going to run you over 500 in steel and you can get them up to I believe 16 inches in lenght. I do see the cost factor here.

Still think that a trigger job on both of the pistols would be where to put the money. The 10 inch will always feel acward unless you have great strenth and mussle control. A good trigger job would make both pistols as they are better overall preformers. All of my rugers have had trigger tweeks of some type.

If that were an 8 inch barreled mark II instead of the ten I would set you up myself. The super 8's are way cooll.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Lugs on the frames are different between 22/45 and Mark 2s. It's not much but it's enough. Don't remember which is which, but one wont go, the other goes loose. Will edit after I dig out the Rugers. Mark 2 goes on 22/45 frame loose. 22/45 will not go on Mark 2. Turns out there is a lot of difference in the height of the lug on the 22/45.

Last edited:

ssdoug

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 31, 2010
    auburn
    Lugs on the frames are different between 22/45 and Mark 2s. It's not much but it's enough. Don't remember which is which, but one wont go, the other goes loose. Will edit after I dig out the Rugers. Mark 2 goes on 22/45 frame loose. 22/45 will not go on Mark 2. Turns out there is a lot of difference in the height of the lug on the 22/45.
    good to know

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola

Thanks for the info.

Top Bottom